Who we are
St. James's Place (SJP) works in partnership to plan, grow and protect our clients’ financial futures. We deliver personalised, face-to-face financial advice to our clients, who trust us to manage their money to reach their goals. We provide this service via the Partnership, a network of qualified, expert advisors. We put financial wellbeing and responsible business choices at the heart of everything we do. We believe in the value of difference and know that diverse teams can help us problem and innovate for clients. We look for people to join SJP to make an impact and to contribute to our culture which is based around long term relationships, doing the right thing, and being the best version of ourselves.
Our comprehensive range of training programmes are tailored to developing early careers at a number of stages. Whether you are looking to gain work experience whilst studying at sixth form or college, or graduating from university, our dedicated Early Careers team are here to support you in driving your career along your chosen path.
Location: Cirencester Office
Salary : £30,000
**Please note that the application deadline for this vacancy is the 16th December but we will be reviewing applications on a rolling basis, so may close the vacancy early if we receive sufficient applications. Early applications are therefore advised. ** To help us effectively manage your application, please only apply for one Graduate vacancy. If you are unsure which role is best for you, please contact us to discuss the options.
NB: Assessment centres for this vacancy will be run on the 17th January so please ensure you are provisionally available to attend
About the role:
You will join St. James’s Place on a permanent full-time contract and complete a 2 year Graduate Programme. During this time you will rotate within your chosen division, this will give you full exposure to that division and help you understand how it interacts with other areas of the business. On completion of your Graduate programme, we intend for you to continue your career at St. James’s Place with that division.
Be part of something special and join a team who are passionate about inspiring learning, igniting change, innovating development and impacting performance.
You will study towards a professional qualification alongside your day to day and we can work with you to establish what qualification is going to suit you most, within the Learning and Development (L&D) team.
All of our business areas and Partners are supported by the L&D team, so you will get great exposure to the entirety of St. James’s Place, how we work and how different areas require a different type of support from the L&D team.
Your rotations will sit in the following areas:
L&D Team and Technology:
- Dive into the world of award-winning digital learning and immersive technology.
- Contribute to the creation of engaging and exciting learning experiences.
L&D Data and Insight:
- Uncover actionable insights through data analysis.
- Play a pivotal role in enhancing L&D training and communications.
Leadership & Management:
- Develop leadership and management skills.
- Contribute to our bespoke leadership blueprint development initiatives within SJP.
L&D Consultancy and Partnership Development:
- Engage with external Partners to expand our L&D reach
- Provide consultation.
In your varied role you will be involved in, but not limited to:
- After consultation develop online learning content for the wide range of business areas, including the network of Partners. This will often be delivered via the internal learning platform (SJP House), so you will be involved in the upkeep and improvement of that platform.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of digital learning solutions, such as our Virtual Reality and our immersive training experiences, and recommend improvements.
- Analyse training data, to generate insights and reports on how we can enhance our training solutions.
- Participate in our Leadership Blueprint and management training initiatives. Then support the planning and execution of leadership development programmes and workshops
- Engage with external Partners to continue the development of L&D research.
For this role you will need to be on track or have achieved a minimum of a 2:2. The L+D team is very focussed on how to get the best out of people and understanding the needs of people across all business areas, so those studying Psychology, English, Marketing, Teaching/PGCE, Digital Marketing and related subjects would find this role of particular interest. That said, candidates can apply to this who are studying any degree type, but have a real interest in Learning and Development.
You will need to be comfortable communicating with people form all backgrounds and levels of seniority via email, teams calls and in person. You will be in a people focussed role, so interest and confidence in working with people is very important for this business area.
We understand that employees work best in different ways, at different times and in different environments. We value all of our employees and appreciate that everyone is unique, and at one of many stages within their career.. Our people are encouraged to work in a flexible way that suits their lifestyle where it can be accommodated, so please ask the question and start a conversation!
Research tells us that applicants (especially those from underrepresented groups) can be put off from applying for a role if they do not meet all the criteria or have been on an extended career-break. If you think you would be a good match for this role and can demonstrate some transferable experience please apply, regardless of whether you tick every box.
Why work for us?
In addition to an attractive salary and eligibility to participate in the discretionary annual bonus opportunities, you will also receive an excellent benefits package including:
- Non-Contributory Pension – 10% (increasing with length of service) with further pension matching
- Meaningful protection benefits with real value, such as 10X life cover, PHI, and critical illness.
- Best in class terms and conditions including 6 months paid parental leave.
- Private Medical and Dental Insurance
- 28 days holiday entitlement plus bank holidays (based on full-time equivalent) with the option to buy up to an additional 5 days holiday
- Discretionary bonus scheme dependent on company and personal performance, varied by level
- Not applicable to fixed term contracts (standard uplift applies in lieu of the protection benefits)
Our culture is the glue that binds us together - It’s one of our biggest assets and one of the biggest reasons for our success. It’s underpinned by core values of doing the right thing, being the best version of ourselves and investing in long term relationships.
We want to embrace a diverse group of backgrounds and experiences to connect with clients, solve problems and innovate. We raise our voice on the things that matter to us and drive change from the front. Contributing to our inclusive culture is vital, ensuring a space for everyone to be their authentic self, no compromises.
In all we do, we consider how our work affects the communities in which we belong. Over 96% of our group employees are involved in supporting our communities through financial education, charitable giving and volunteering. Over 80% of all our employees and Partners donate each month to our Charitable Foundation, which is now the 3rd largest corporate charity in the UK.
What Happens Next?
Our process is the same for each of our Graduate opportunities, so once you have completed the application form, we will invite you to complete a Job Focussed Assessment (JFA). If successful after the JFA, you will be invited to complete an online video interview and if successful at this stage we will invite you to the final stage of the process, that consists of a face to face assessment centre.
Our team will be in touch. As a business regulated by the FCA we would advise you to familiarise yourself with the conduct regulations and in particular consumer duty obligations prior to an interview with SJP.