Edinburgh and Lothian
About the role
An excellent opportunity is available to join the Light & Air team at Max Fordham as a Graduate Lighting Specialist, based in our Edinburgh office. Our approach differs from that of other lighting designers in that each member of our team is also trained in electrical engineering, environmental design and building physics. This training takes place in-house, creating an integrated understanding that considers the whole building. We deliver installations that work, with a focus on detail and finish.
You could become a leading lighting and environmental technologist. You could learn to become a designer who understands buildings in detail and at their highest level. You could learn to think about buildings in an integrated way - how to make them work better and use less energy. Integrated thinking will enable you to solve problems other approaches might not even find. It’s an exciting and satisfying way to work.
The ideal candidate would be creative, have strong mathematical skills and a relevant degree. If you have a background in science, engineering, design, or architecture with a minimum grade of 2:1 or above, or equivalent, and you are curious about pushing the boundaries to make buildings work better, and use less energy, then we would love to hear from you.
What we offer:
- Excellent growth opportunities for your personal and career development in a knowledge driven environment
- Mentored support towards professional accreditation
- Interesting and technically challenging projects
- An inclusive culture and cooperative environment
- Opportunities for involvement in business-running activities
- Flexible working arrangements
- Competitive pay and employee bonus
- Future opportunities for Partnership
- Six weeks holiday (including Bank holidays)
- Max Fordham Pension Scheme
- Other benefits include generous paid parental leave, sick pay, and treatment pay
How to apply
This position is available for an immediate start.
If you are interested in working with us, we are keen to hear from you. In addition to providing your CV, please apply with a conversational letter that tells us how your skills match our criteria and your interests align with our vision of a beautifully engineered net zero carbon world.
Please note that we are unable to offer Skilled Worker Visa sponsorship for this role. Therefore you must ensure that you are eligible to work in the UK without our sponsorship in order for your application to be considered.
Edinburgh and Lothian