Operating as an integral part of the BIP Group based in Holland, BIP UK is an innovative confectionery importer and distributor with over 20 years of experience in children’s and adult gifting confectionery. The Company has a long-established record and expertise in the development of new and original products sourced from its worldwide partners. We have an increased focus on the UK with both our branded partners, new and exciting product development to bring to the market and an ever-growing account base. We are now recruiting for a talented individual who is looking for a career within Sales and Marketing. What better way than to begin this journey in chocolate, candy and toys!
What can BIP UK offer to the individual who joins our team?
This role will give you the chance to start your career, at the grass roots of an SME style business. You will learn about everything from start to finish, not just about sales but marketing, new product development (NPD), product design, supply chain and order processing. You will manage an account base of over 50 accounts across the grocery, convenience, high street, online, discounter and wholesale channels.
We have created this brand-new role, designed to nurture up and coming talent into becoming our next national account manager, within the next 12-18 months. A cracking opportunity for any sales hungry individual looking to make their mark in the Food & Drinks arena.
The role will be based at our Denton office just off the M60, in a modern office space with secure private parking.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Manage, build and maintain the existing customer relationships within an account base of circa 50 customers and a Gross Sales Value (GSV) nearing £1m
- Be the main point of contact for receiving and confirming customer orders, which is primarily managed through the sales inbox
- Manage the flow of communication from order process > supply chain > delivery, both internally and externally
- Work in partnership with the National Account team, supporting their major customers across grocery & wholesale with sales support.
- This is a fundamental part of the role as it will give you both access to how major customers operate and to how a NAM operates on a day to day basis
- Take the lead on driving new product opportunities in your existing accounts, and develop new business opportunities in new and existing sales channels for BIP UK
- Support the Head of Marketing with EPD & NPD selling stories, customer samples and other marketing duties.
- Assist with sales and operational administrative tasks
- Handling customer complaints and resolving customer enquiries and issues
- Strong Communication – Both Verbal and Written
- Passionate, Self-motivated and winning mentality
- Creative approach, outside the box thinking
- Able to work in an ever-changing FMCG environment, with pace and urgency
- Resilience to deal with setbacks
- Time Management is key. Must be planned and prepared.
- Team player - confident, friendly and personable
- Strong attention to detail. Conscientious.
- Ambitious. Wants to grow their career.
- Good Excel skills
- Experience using Sage 50 (but not essential)
- £25,000 Annual Salary
- Group Pension Plan
- A future career path mapped out with the right aptitude and ambition