Graduate Opportunities in Engineering Management
Apply by: 16.01.2022
We want to take our engineers on a journey, and we think it’s amazing for you to know that in choosing FirstGroup today, you’ll have the ability to open endless doors for yourself tomorrow. Our two-year graduate programmes have been specifically designed to support your development, encourage your aspirations and challenge your thinking from the get-go. Wherever you want to end up, there really isn’t a better place to start than here.
Whether you’re working within our Bus or Rail divisions, there’s opportunity around every corner. Within a Bus region or a Train Operating company, your role will take you all over as you work alongside the people who keep our wheels turning every single day. You’ll learn how to carry out diagnostics, inspect and repair our vehicles or train units, and get stuck into real-life projects. It’s all about putting your degree into proper practice, and being prepared to innovate and overcome obstacles.
If you’re a talented and passionate graduate ready to step into a fast-paced working environment, the only other things we’ll need from you are:
- At least a 2:2 BEng degree accredited by IMechE or IET in Electrical, Electronic, Aerospace or Mechanical Engineering, or an MEng or equivalent qualification.
- To be a natural team worker who builds strong relationships at every level.
- An understanding that safety comes first and our customers should be at the heart of everything you do.
- To be resilient and think creatively – you look at problems from different perspectives and enjoy the challenge of finding a solution.
- Sound technical knowledge and the ambition to progress.
In return, you can expect great rewards and benefits – we look after our people – plus loads of training and learning delivered on the job, through feedback and coaching, and via formal training.
We’ll provide you with everything you need to succeed today so that you can lead the next generation tomorrow.
FirstGroup today, Engineering Manager tomorrow?