We’re looking for outstanding graduates to join our 2 year development programme, with the drive and passion to make a difference to our business, and who have the potential to become our future leaders.
We take pride in everything we do and by joining the Procurement function you'll become a trusted advisor to the business, delivering transformational change. Procurement plays a pivotal role in ensuring that the wide-range of products and services we buy from our suppliers are delivered on time, to outstanding quality and service levels whilst ensuring we pay the right cost.
Specifically, you'll be responsible for overseeing the procurement of specific spend categories and/or support major category spend areas, working alongside our supply partners and stakeholder teams to ensure relationships are optimised and deliver maximum value. There has never been a more exciting time to start a career in Procurement and the variety of experience you will get across the business is unprecedented. As a successful candidate, you could be discussing the production costs of one our TV advertisements, carefully monitoring major commodity markets, negotiating directly with suppliers, working on developing more recyclable formats for our packaging or co-ordinating multiple functions to standardise and optimise our ways of working.
Following a 4 week induction programme which will include 1-2 weeks based at one of our factories to understand all about Food Manufacturing, you'll work closely within the specific function/business unit you have been assigned, on a structured development programme across 2, one year placements.
What you'll be doing:
- Develop and implement sourcing and category plans aligned to business goals and objectives which deliver: cost leadership, innovation, service excellence and process and product improvement
- Supplier evaluation, selection and contract management
- Implementation of process improvement initiatives through effective programme and project management
- Provide regular market analysis, benchmark data and supplier evaluation to support category planning and risk management
- Responsible for supplier performance management and continuous improvement to ensure contracts meet and exceed business objectives of cost, quality and service
- Provide support and advice in sourcing of new materials/outsourcing for product development teams
- Provide volume and price forecasts for budget and forecasting processes. Responsibility for performance reporting and compliance to procurement policies and procedures
What we'll offer you in return:
- A salary of £28k per annum and attractive benefits package, as well as....
- A real community of like-minded fellow graduates
- Sponsored professional development
- A Business Mentor
- 11 days of learning and development workshops covering such topics as communication, negotiation, leadership and presentations skills
- Participation in a CEO business project – putting everything you’ve learnt into use!
- Invitations to social events and executive networking opportunities. Our graduates are social and enjoy informal dinners and drinks and have the opportunity to attend more formal events such as charity dinners or IGD/Manufacturing conferences
Minimum Entry Requirements:
- 3 A Levels – minimum of 280 UCAS points gained
- Degree qualified-ideally a Business related degree– 2:1 minimum achieved (or expected)
- An understanding of the UK FMCG/Retail sectors
- Clear career aspirations demonstrated through employment experience gained outside of studies
- High degree of commercial awareness
- Analytical and highly numerate
- The right to work in the UK and English speaking
- UK driving license
- Your base will be St Albans AL1 2RE and you will need to be prepared to relocate here: you may be required to spend time in other locations with overnight stays
- Experience of leadership roles across sports, hobbies or other interests
- Strong Communicator both oral and written
- Skilled in Microsoft Suite
- Prepared to study towards CIPS accreditation
At Premier Foods we believe in inclusion, we seek individuality, and we trust in authenticity. Diversity is our strength, and everyone is welcome, we promise to foster an inclusive environment so everyone can thrive. We aim to ensure all existing or potential colleagues are given equal opportunities and are equally respected, valued and encouraged to bring their true authentic selves to work no matter who you are, what you look like, who you love or what you believe in.
Everyday inclusion is our approach to ensuring that the things we all do on a daily basis, including the way we behave and interact with each other, support the culture and values we are committed to.