£30,000 - £35,000
At Mace, we’re global experts in shaping the built environment – helping to lead the way to a more connected, resilient and sustainable world. From development and consultancy, to construction and operations, we connect expertise across the entire property lifecycle to help our clients, people, communities and society achieve more than they believe is possible.
This role starts in early September 2024 , and is based in London in the Procurement and Supply Chain team within our Construct engine.
Procurement is the process of purchasing goods or services for use during construction. At Mace, we work with over 1,000 different suppliers, all of which have been chosen around our core values, which has allowed us to create a supply chain and are an extension of Mace. We pride ourselves on our collaborative approach with our suppliers, ensuring that we are able to fully utilise their skills and expertise to continue to deliver landmark projects throughout the UK and internationally.
Regardless of the scale or complexity of a project, we employ and refine our systems and processes to provide control, governance and transparency from inception to completion. In every decision we make, we challenge and work diligently to find the most efficient and cost-effective outcome. As an agile, focused and flexible partner, we adopt a value-driven strategy to define and articulate project objectives, before identifying the most effective means to deliver.
What you’ll do
In Procurement Advisory, you will assist the team to deliver best practice procurement and supply chain solutions, supported by the key principles of responsible/ethical procurement practices, service excellence tools, and industry best practice. Some of your main responsibilities will include:
- Assisting the prequalification management via standard selection questionnaire process
- Drafting tender documents and managing the evaluation process with internal stakeholders
- Assisting in the development of procurement strategies if requested, and client advisory services on procurement and supply chain delivery
- Providing support and coordination relative to the reporting requirements of the project, including various briefing notes as necessary.
- Assists and ensures that the procurement rules and procedures are followed through all procurement activities
- Developing working relationships with a range of senior stakeholders
- Working with team members providing operational delivery of team/regional strategy
- Supporting (area/team), using basic/established technical capabilities.
You will also work towards gaining professional membership of the
Chartered Institute of Procurement & Supply Chain (CIPS)
, fully funded and supported by us.
What we can offer you
We see every challenge as an opportunity to dream bigger and bring ambitions to life. When you start your journey with us, you’ll get structured on-the-job training and real responsibility, right from the get-go. With support from industry-leading colleagues, and a wealth of exposure to the variety of services we offer our clients, we’ll invest in you and your future. No holding back.
As well as benefiting from our formal development programme, we offer:
- A permanent role from the moment you join
- Competitive salary + fully funded professional membership
- 22 days annual leave + bank holidays
- 2 additional ‘Mace Days’ off + 3 days paid Christmas shutdown
- One volunteering day a year
- Company pension (with up to 7% employer contribution)
- Life assurance
- Private medical insurance cover
- Annual health screening
- Cycle to work scheme
- Green car scheme
- Season ticket loan
- Discounts and savings for retailers, gyms, cafes, restaurants, cinemas, etc.
- A number of other flexible benefits
- A future or recent graduate with a bachelor’s degree or higher in any subject
- 5 GCSEs at grade 4/C or above, including Maths and English (or equivalent qualifications)
We’re looking for ambitious people who want to make a difference in the world. Proactive people who aren’t afraid of barriers, innovate, and have a genuine passion for service excellence. And those who embody the same values, behaviours and competencies as us to proudly move our industry forward:
- Values – safety first, client focus, create opportunity, and integrity
- Behaviours – curious, collaborators, contributors, and champions of diversity and inclusion
- Competencies – build effective teams, embrace change, solve problems, and build trusted relationships
As our projects are spread across different locations, your work base will be flexible, and travel may be required to various project sites or Mace offices. It’s therefore important to have a positive and flexible approach towards travel.
A world of opportunity
Here at Mace, you have the power to create a long-lasting and diverse career. From London to Hong Kong, New York to Nairobi, we work with clients around the world to shape cities and build sustainable communities that meet the needs of the future.
Upon completion of our graduate or apprenticeship programme, using our internal Global Opportunities Portal, you can uncover and apply for your next adventure. Whether you’re looking to travel the world, or step into a new sector, there’s plenty of opportunity for you to explore.
Equality, diversity and inclusion
Our culture respects equality, values diversity and encourages individuality – accepting and appreciating all views and beliefs and providing an environment for ideas to come alive. We welcome everyone who shares the Mace values, regardless of background, culture, disability, ethnicity, gender identity or sexual orientation.
Drawing on a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, experience and expertise to challenge convention is our strength. It’s the reason why we continue to grow and it’s the secret to how we’ve built some of the world’s most renowned buildings.
Our employee resource groups, such as Women at Mace, Pride at Mace, Parents at Mace, Ethnic Diversity at Mace, Enabled at Mace, and Military at Mace are transforming the way we work through shared experiences - creating awareness, knowledge, and education.
We're proud to be an accredited Disability Confident employer, as well as a champion of the Hidden Disabilities Sunflower scheme. We're also ranked 37th in the Stonewall Workplace Equality Index, and a signatory to the Care Leaver Covenant and the Business in the Community's Race At Work Charter.
If you'd like to discuss any reasonable adjustments or require further guidance about our recruitment process, please contact our team.
Help us shape the world of tomorrow
If you’d like to develop a rewarding career and be part of helping our clients, people, communities and society achieve more than they believe is possible, apply today via the link below. We recruit on a rolling basis, so the earlier you apply, the stronger chance you’ll have.
£30,000 - £35,000