Graduate Programme - Risk
Apply by: 05.12.2021
Santander Consumer Finance is a market leading consumer finance company operating in 15 European countries. We are part of Santander, one of the largest financial groups in the world and our success is down to our people. We recognise that as we help you develop your career you’ll be doing the same for our business.
If you have a desire to take a first step into a marketing or sales career with a blue-chip company that offers an outstanding development programme, then this opportunity could be for you.
We are located just outside of London, in Redhill, Surrey. The perfect location for anyone who wants to escape the busy London commute, but still work for a reputable company with a competitive remuneration package.
You will be based at our office in Redhill, Surrey and if successful, you will join in September 2022.
Our 18-month Risk Graduate Programme will provide you with a clear and in-depth insight into the 6 areas of risk with Santander Consumer Finance: Wholesale Risk, Retail Risk, Enterprise Wide Risk, Risk Strategy, Risk Control and Risk Methodology. In your first year, you will spend a 6-week to 2-month rotation in each area.
You will have the opportunity to:
- Help us to shape how Santander Consumer Finance manages risk
- Develop your understanding of credit risk, risk analysis and financial modelling
- Using artificial intelligence to simplify our risk management processes
- Analysing risks within the financial markets
- Creating bespoke customer strategies to help our commercial clients
- Reviewing new technologies and their associated risks
- Supporting our fraud and financial crime prevention work on strategies to assess emerging risks
- Learning new leadership skills that will be invaluable for your future career.
The final stage of this programme will be to complete a project specific to an area of risk and contributing to the success of the company.
What we are looking for
- If you have or are predicted to receive a 2:1 or higher in your degree
- Possess exceptional communication skills, both written and oral presentation skills
- Have a collaborative approach - team work delivers results for everyone
- Are interested in the finance sector, specifically banking & consumer finance in an automotive industry
- Have the ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines, with a keen eye for detail
- Are able to learn and adapt – recognising changing trends and tackling the unexpected with enthusiasm
- Demonstrate innovation and are not afraid to bring new ideas to the company
What we can offer you in return
- Annual salary of £25,000
- 25 days holiday
- Quarterly performance-based bonus
- Health and wellbeing benefits and initiatives
- Opportunity to join our corporate social responsibility initiatives
- A wide range of benefits including retail, entertainment discounts and offers
- Themed conference to celebrate the end of the year!
Please ensure you provide a cover letter alongside your CV outlining your relevant skills and experience for the role and explaining why you wish to join our programme. Due to the anticipated high volume of applicants, we will not be accepting those who do not provide a covering letter.
If your application is progressed to the shortlist stage, you will be invited to an assessment centre in our Head Office in Redhill which will be held in March 2022.
Please note, all applicants need to be eligible to work in the UK. If you do not meet this requirement, your application will not be considered.