Salisbury Glass Commercial specialise in a number of services which extend to and include the design, manufacturing and installation of an extensive range of commercial products. Salisbury Glass was formed in 1952 and over the years, our integrity, workmanship and professionalism have enabled us to support our clients and their ever changing requirements.
You will be responsible for managing quality aspects of the fabrication process and delivery completeness to sites. Roles works closely with other internal functions such as Production, Stores, Logistics, Procurement and Design. It requires collaboration within a skilled team to fulfil client requirements at a high-quality standard.
Role Key Accountabilities
- Work as the lead QA on inspecting fabricated items and processes, using CAD drawings, visual aids, manuals and general visual inspection.
- Complete inspections checklists and logs of inspected items.
- Lead and contribute to continuous improvement initiatives.
- Establish and implement robust processes that identify process breakdowns and issues along the supply chain.
- To identify, record and document quality reports through computerised equipment and paper.
- iAuditor reporting sign off and storage of reports onto sharepoint for future reference.
- Review customer requirements and make sure they are met
- Set standards for quality as well as health and safety
- Monitor performance by gathering relevant data and produce statistical reports
- Measure performance and identify any areas of weakness, recommending and implementing improvements
- Approve the right products or reject defectives
- Time in Motion/Time Management Studies throughout the production process
- Audit processes and procedures to conform to industry standards ISO9000/ISO14001
- Quality check outgoing orders for completeness and quality control
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- A keen interest in Quality Assurance and a University (Degree 2:2 Minimum).
- iAuditor experience or similar inspection software experience.
- Experience in manufacturing desirable in the fabrication of windows and doors and intending to move into the inspection side of the business.
- To be able to provide feedback to management when required.
- Able to read and understand CAD/Technical drawings and manuals.
- Complete manual handling tasks on a regular basis.
- Persistence and the ability to influence others
- The ability to lead and motivate a team
- A strategic approach to work
- The ability to facilitate change
- Skills in numerical and statistical analysis
- Attention to detail
- An understanding and appreciation of other people's work disciplines, such as design, production, procurement etc.
- Interpersonal/Communication Skills: able to express yourself clearly and be easily understood orally and in writing, able to build effective collaborative working relationships with colleagues.
- Self-Starter: be self-motivated and comfortable working within the fabrication environment.
- Results-orientated: able to focus efforts towards meeting targets.
- Organised: organised with the ability to multi-task and work independently without close supervision, able to prioritise workload and tasks effectively.
- Flexible: willing and able to respond to changing circumstances and expectations readily.
- Resilient: able to remain focussed, composed in challenging circumstances.
- Skills: good understanding and knowledge of QA methodologies, tools and processes. Be a clear and confident communicator with the ability to interact effectively with others.
£20,000 - £24,000 depending on experience
To apply, please email us with your CV and Cover letter.