Graduate Quantity Surveyor Ferrovial Construction is the UK based engineering and construction arm of the Ferrovial Group. It is the largest private transport infrastructure operator in the world in terms of capital invested with a workforce of approximately 96,000 employees, and a presence across 15 countries with over 60 years’ experience. It is a Spanish multinational company operating through 4 divisions; Airports, Highways, Construction and Building subsidiaries. Ferrovial are committed to developing sustainable and innovative solutions, with the aim to create value for society, and for clients, investors and employees.
We design and construct some of the UK and Ireland’s most high-profile transport infrastructure projects. We have the strength and depth to deliver complex major projects in-house, drawing on international expertise and full asset lifecycle capability. We provide our clients with cost-effective, value-added solutions and design and build sustainable assets for people and places Our 2019 turnover was £345m in the UK and globally £4.7bn. Our UK order book is currently £1.35bn and globally £11.4bn. We work in the UK for private and public sector customers on projects and frameworks valued from £50,000 to over £1bn. We maximise potential through continuous professional development and create an equal, inclusive and diverse place to work to drive innovation.
At Ferrovial, we have five core values: Excellence, Innovation, Collaboration, Integrity and Respect. We are proud of our work and values which we live by to achieve our goals. Whilst working on large complex projects, you will be encouraged to achieve your maximum, all the while having support and guidance. An ability to work well in a team is key to the delivery of our projects, so that effective communication skills are critical. Ferrovial prioritises the mobility of its employees as a means of fostering talent. The company has set up a Global Mobility Portal, which operates as an internal job board where employees can find all openings worldwide. The company is keen for graduates to move overseas and gain experiences of different cultures and business ways and methodologies. https://www.ferrovial.com/en-gb/f-construction/
The Tideway Project River Thames is at the heart of London, but in recent years it has been largely overlooked. Tideway wants to change that. We are recruiting talented people to help us deliver our ambition of re-invigorating a much under-used social, environmental and economic asset. Ferrovial Construction and Laing O’Rourke’s Joint Venture -FLO, lo is delivering the central section of a new 25-kilometre tunnel. Wide enough to fit three double decker buses side-by-side, the tunnel aims to protect the tidal River Thames from the tens of millions of tonnes of sewage pollution that is currently discharged into it each year. Through intercepting overflow points built into the capital’s overstretched, Victorian sewerage network, Tideway will take all overflow directly to the sewage treatment works in Beckton, east London. The Tunnel is among the largest construction projects of its type. Main construction work began in 2016 and is due for completion by 2024. One of our tunnel boring machines has completed its journey going west, while the other is making significant progress going east. Not only is this an engineering project, but a vital means of creating a London that can meet the needs of generations to come. At Tideway we are committed to leaving a legacy. That can start with you.
The role Ferrovial Construction is looking for graduate Quantity Surveyors to assist with financial control on a variety of major UK infrastructure projects. The Ferrovial 3-year graduate development programme is designed to develop personal, professional and technical skills through a blended approach. You will work under the supervision of our Senior Quantity Surveyors. Key Responsibilities: A large part of your work will involve tender enquiries, analysis of quotations and subcontractor procurement. You will also have overall responsibility for several smaller accounts, enabling you to develop your financial skills.
Skills & experience
• To assist in the management of the day to day bill of quantities for the relevant sections of allocated projects to ensure financial efficiencies
• To provide advice and guidance to managers on achieving value for money
• Analyse subcontractor valuations
• To be focused on the cost control in line with the businesses’ financial systems
• To liaise with the procurement teams as required to ensure compliance with financial parameters
• Assist in the production and monitoring of Applications/Final Accounts
• Check agreed sub-contract Applications/Accounts
• Document control
• Contribute to the achievement of Health and Safety in accordance with company policy
• To promote company values in all dealing with other employees, clients, subcontractors and other external contacts.
• Adopting and promoting Ferrovial Construction UK Vision and Values.
Taking ownership for the work assigned to you.
Skills and Competence We are looking for graduates with:
• Excellent communication skills and ability to interact at a variety of levels
• Excellent written and oral English language
• Degree or Masters in Quantity Surveying (Industry related disciplines considered)
• Right to work in the UK & Ireland
• Motivated to learn and add value to the team, the role and the Graduate programme
• Analytical thinker who enjoys problem solving
• A proven team player who can effectively work with others
• Enjoys working under pressure to meet deadlines
• Proactive approach to working and learning
• Commercial awareness and an understanding of the industry
• Familiar with all Microsoft packages
• Highly motivated
• Logical thinker with a willingness to learn
• Resilient and a flexible approach to working
• Results driven with strong communication skills • Work independently with minimal supervision
• Knowledge of Health and Safety Legislation
• Quantity Surveying experience
On the Ferrovial Construction Graduate scheme you will get:
• 3-year development programme in line with the UK Quantity Surveying framework
• Work with Contractors and Sub-contractors to develop effective partnerships
• Attend a variety of blended training to develop your technical, professional and behavioural skills
• You will start the process of becoming chartered with internal and external support
• Gain an understanding of Ferrovial Construction from a global perspective, with mobility opportunities
• And much more……
Please note that this job description does not represent a comprehensive list of activities and employees may be requested to undertake other reasonable duties Ferrovial Construction UK is an Equal Opportunities employer and as such treats applications equally and recruits purely based on skills and experience