South East + 4
AECOM is built to deliver a better world. We design, build, finance and operate infrastructure assets for governments, businesses and organisations in more than 150 countries. As a fully integrated firm, we connect knowledge and experience across our global network of experts to help clients solve their most complex challenges. From high-performance buildings and infrastructure, to resilient communities and environments, to stable and secure nations, our work is transformative, differentiated and vital.
Railway engineering is one of the most important ways that AECOM delivers a better world – we work on huge, complex and challenging railway infrastructure projects that increase urban and inter-city mobility for millions of people. AECOM is a global innovator in high speed transportation. Recent projects include work on Crossrail, Elon Musk’s Hyperloop in the US, Borders Railway and delivering key components of High Speed 2 in the UK.
We are looking for graduates who are team players and open thinkers who want to contribute to some of the biggest challenges in transportation infrastructure.
Selected candidates will be enrolled on our Graduate Development Programme and have the opportunity to develop their skills within a supporting environment which encourages challenge and collaborative behaviours. Candidates will use industry leading computer software and BIM modelling programmes while working on a variety of different Rail specific expertise including:
- Integrating engineering designs from other complex railway skill areas such as signalling, electrification and permanent way;
- Planning the phasing of construction and commissioning work to minimise disruption to passengers and the public;
- Ensuring that designs maximise sustainability outcomes during construction and over whole life of assets;
- Developing designs that are safe to build, operate and maintain, and that protect the safety of passengers and the public;
- Producing concept and outline design proposals that solve client challenges in the maintenance, renewal and enhancement of railways;
- Working on structural inspection, assessment and design of bridges and other railway structures
- Analysis and calculation for new civil and structural components;
- Design of railway stations and working on projects that improve or create new urban realm, station buildings, platforms, footbridges and concourses.
- BEng in Civil Engineering 2:1 (or equivalent)
- MEng in Civil Engineering 2:1 (or equivalent) would be an advantage
- Modules in Rail would be an advantage
- Enthusiastic, hard-working, technically proficient, with ambition and drive
- Good Microsoft Office skills essential such as Word, Excel & PowerPoint
- Ability to communicate effectively to internal and external clients, both verbally & in writing with the confidence to engage with a variety of people (clients, colleagues, stakeholders and sub-contractors alike) and the aptitude to rationally explain, explore and discuss technical issues and capture feedback
- Enthusiastic, hard-working, with ambition and drive
- Ability to structure & prioritise work effectively through close cooperation with the team as a whole
- Ability to work in a team and independently without losing initiative & focus
What We Offer
We will give you the flexibility you need to do your best work with hybrid work options. Whether you’re working from an AECOM office, remote location or at a client site, you will be working in a dynamic environment where your integrity, entrepreneurial spirit and pioneering mindset are championed.
You will help us foster a culture of equity, diversity and inclusion – a safe and respectful workplace, where we invite everyone to bring their whole selves to work using their unique talents, backgrounds and expertise to create transformational outcomes for our clients.
We will encourage you to grow and develop your career with us through our technical and professional development programs and diverse career opportunities. We believe in leadership at all levels. No matter where you sit in the organization you can make a lasting impact on the projects you work on, the teams and committees you join and our business.
We offer competitive pay and benefits, well-being programs to support you and your family, and the development resources you need to advance your career.
When you join us, you will connect and collaborate with a global network of experts – planners, designers, engineers, scientists, consultants, program and construction managers – leading the change toward a more sustainable and equitable future. Join us and let’s get started.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person’s potential, and we’ll help you reach yours.
Swindon, Croydon, Glasgow, Manchester, Nottingham, York
South East, South West, Glasgow, East Midlands, North West