Graduate Scheme - Architecture
Apply by: 05.12.2021
Who we are
Lifestory offers an exceptional collection of quality homes and services that have been created by our brands: Anthology, Pegasus and Renaissance . Together we create homes and serve our customers at every stage of their life.
Just as we have a unique offering in our marketplace, our graduate scheme provides an exceptional opportunity to join our dynamic business and receive training and development across our functions. Lifestory was formed two years ago when our brands came together, and we are looking for graduates with the energy and drive to help shape our future.
As we move ahead and look towards the opportunities that 2022 will bring, we are delighted to be seeking out a talented graduate to join us for the first time in our Design team.
Coming on board as an architecture graduate, you’ll be immersed into the workings of a fast-paced property development company during an exciting time of growth. You’ll contribute to the success of our South / South West region, whilst gaining exposure to a broad range of departments, disciplines and projects within our diverse business.
Our architecture graduate scheme immerses you into our design team, involving you in the design of new communities and surrounding areas, from the earliest stages right the way through to completion. You will be working at the core of what we do: supporting the design of high-end communities which represent our brand and delight our residents. This is a truly unique experience with guidance from the leaders of our business, specifically giving you development in the following areas:
- Site analysis and appraisals through to the production of sketch schemes to inform feasibility and viability studies
- An understanding of residential design issues from inception through to completion
- An understanding of ongoing sales and operational design issues
- The ability to propose design solutions for a broad range of project challenges
- Exposure to construction project, programme, development and commercial management
We can’t wait to be able to welcome you into our offices and provide you with an insight into our progressive, nurturing and flexible culture here at Lifestory, ultimately ensuring you have a successful future with us after our two year graduate programme.
We want to recruit and develop the next generation of talent who will quickly become trusted partners within our company and eventually, leaders in our fast paced industry. As a guide, the type of candidates we are looking for are as follows:
- A minimum 2:1 honours degree in an architecture related course, preferably architectural design, architectural technologist or architectural technician, Masters preferred
- Excellent academic track record
- Previous work experience or placement experience in the residential property sector or an architectural practice highly desirable
For all roles:
- Eligibility to work in UK
- Exposure to working in an office environment preferable
- Excellent attention to detail
- Previous experience of using a range of software systems and analysis tools
- Previous use of Google G Suite is advantageous
- Awareness of contemporary issues surrounding property and housing
- Interest in the property development industry
- Confident and able to challenge convention
- Willingness to learn and develop
- Analytical approach
- Driver with full licence
There will also be frequent travel to our other offices and developments. The roles will commence between July to September 2022.
This role is based in Winchester. We are advertising for a number of graduate positions, you will only be considered for the role(s) which you apply for.
The application process will consist of a telephone interview, personality questionnaire, online video activity and an assessment day in February 2022 which will be held in one of our regional offices.
As an equal opportunities employer, Lifestory Group welcomes applications from all sectors of the community.