Graduate Software Developer
Apply by: 15.12.2021
Are you ready to kickstart your career?
Accolite Digital have launched a brand new graduate programme in Glasgow. Successful applicants will be working on a groundbreaking fintech project based in one of their fortune 500 client offices.
This is truly an exciting opportunity for graduates looking for hands-on experience, an inclusive environment and fast opportunities for progression.
Accolite Digital, founded in 2007, is an innovative, best-in-class digital transformation services provider, successfully delivering design-driven complex digital transformation initiatives to Fortune 500 clients. We do so by simplifying our client's digital journeys with a human-centric design and product innovation by engaging a community of bright and passionate technologists.
Our differentiated services offering span digital product engineering, cloud and DevOps, data and AI customer experience, cyber security, and design services. We provide these services across banking and financial services, insurance, technology media and telecom, healthcare, and logistics industries. Zinnov, a management and strategy consulting firm, has recognized Accolite as an 'Established Player' in providing Digital Engineering services.
Headquartered in Addison, Texas, Accolite has a presence across the United States, the United Kingdom & Europe and Canada, and has digital labs in Bangalore, Hyderabad, Gurugram, and Chennai.
Graduate software developers will be part of the Software Development team. These teams consist of Software Developers, Software Testers, Business Analysts, and a Technical Lead and they are responsible for designing, implementing, and maintaining software products and services. The teams work using agile software development and DevOps methodologies and techniques.
Our graduate software developers will undergo extensive and continuous training in relevant technologies for their roles as well as training on banking and financial services topics. Software development graduates will attend a 6 weeks full stack training program encompassing Microservices & APIs, UI, test driven development, database and Azure fundamentals.
Reporting to the Development Manager, graduate software developers will have the opportunity to be involved in the design, development, modification, and maintenance of software products. To become a key member of the Development team you will need to have strong technical skills, be creative and passionate about technology, and enjoy working as part of a high-performance team
As a software developer, you will be the brain behind crafting, developing, testing, going live, and maintaining applications you work on. The ideal candidate will have a keen interest in financial services and a curiosity to understand the business use-cases to drive better customer experience and adoption of technology
Your first engagement will be with one of our key clients, working in the financial services industry for a fortune 100 global investment bank.
Responsibilities will evolve over time and include:
- Working closely with the customer team(s) in a client-facing environment, specifically in the financial services sector.
- Following Agile development techniques and practices.
- Complying with industry coding conventions and standards and technical design best practices.
- Providing clear documentation (flowcharts, layouts, & etc) showing a systematic approach to your application development and demonstrating creative solutions using storyboards and use cases.
- Providing structured coding styles for easy review, testing, and maintainability of the code.
- Integration of functionality and/or components into a fully functional system.
- Ensuring unit and integration level verification plans are in place and adhere to quality coding standards.
- Active participation in troubleshooting, debugging and updating production systems.
- Verifying user feedback to make systems more stable and easier to use
- Working closely with analysts, designers, and other peer developers.
- Preparing technical training documents for onboarding new software engineers.
- MSc / BSc in a technical related degree such as Computer Science, Applied Computing,
- Software Engineering, Web Development, Computer Games Programming, Computing for Business
- Strong understanding of object-oriented concepts
- Understanding business and software use-cases
- Some understanding of Agile practices
- Ability to code in Java and understanding of its concepts/features (version 8+)
- PL/SQL writing skills
- Good and crisp communication skills
- Ability to present and articulate clearly
- Analytical mindset
- Interest in programming and problem solving
We offer a competitive starting salary and benefits package with the opportunity to earn promotion as your skills and experiences grow.
Glasgow, Client Site