Bournemouth is a major hub for our clients and we have roles available in the region year-round. It has lots of opportunities for graduates, especially if you want to work for an investment bank.
What you’ll do:
- As a software developer with Wiley Edge, you’ll build complex applications in a global team environment.
- You’ll love seeing the impact you make when code you’ve written launches to the people who need it. If you stay on the lookout for new ways to get better results through software development, you’ll become an asset to your team.
What you’ll learn at the Wiley Edge Academy:
- How to design, develop, and test a full-stack application.
- How to demonstrate professionalism, including communication skills and personal interactions.
- How to explain industry concepts at a high level.
- An understanding of monitoring, supporting, and troubleshooting, and how it ties into good development processes.
What you need:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related STEM subject (science, technology, engineering, maths).
- Good grades. We look for potential, not prestige, but it’s important that you enjoy pushing yourself to pick up new ideas.
- Experience with OOP (object oriented programming).
- Solid knowledge of software engineering principles (data structures, OOP, design patterns, multithreading).
- Skills in troubleshooting and debugging.
- Knowledge of database concepts (SQL, stored procs, schema design).
- An understanding of the formal SDLC (software development lifecycle).
- An understanding of test-driven development.
- The successful candidate must, by the start of the employment, have permission to work in the UK
What you'll get:
- Fully paid, in-depth, interactive training in small classes with graduates like you. Our training is created and delivered by industry experts who know your field inside out.
- Pay rises every 6 months to reflect your progress.
- A flexible benefits package including gym membership.
- Ongoing training and support.
- Valuable industry experience. Ultimately, a foot in the door to build your career in an in-demand niche.
How to apply:
- Hit ‘Apply Now’ to tell us a bit about you.
- Complete the online assessment (we’ll send you a link by email).
- Complete the interviews with our friendly talent team over phone and video.
- Lastly, you’ll interview with one or more of our clients.
LOWER COST OF LIVING An affordable major city in the UK
A VIBRANT NIGHTLIFE There’s 200+ restaurants, bars and clubs so you’ll never be bored
THE BEACH Enjoy seven miles of award-winning beaches
LOCATION It’s only two hours away from London and has great international transport links