At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman offers end-to-end solutions to multiple customers in the fields of cyber and non-cyber innovation, research and development, big data, systems architecture and all other manners of software engineering.
You will be part of our two-year graduate program and fully integrated into our software engineering team. Initially you will receive dedicated technical training across a number of subjects by Northrop Grumman subject matter experts in preparation for project deployment.
You will be working on real customer projects with exposure to the complete software development lifecycle, keeping abreast of the latest technologies and updating your skills continuously.
Overlaid with this will be the graduate development framework working on your ongoing technical training needs and future leadership skills.
Over two years, this scheme involves a blend of on-job learning supported by technical, soft and leadership skills development. There will also be the potential opportunity for a rotations across projects to provide a variety of work. Your development plan, which will be specific to you and agreed with the business, could include opportunities for you to gain experience in the various software disciplines such as cyber security, architectural design, systems and application development.
The majority of our work is ‘full stack’ development using Java-based Cloud and Big Data technologies, using the latest agile methodologies. There are Machine Learning, AI and Cyber aspects to many of our projects.
There will be a need to attain security clearance in order to work on our programmes and this will be discussed with you in more detail at point of assessment.
You will have a functional line manager who will remain constant throughout your scheme.
- We are looking for people who have achieved or are on target to achieve a STEM related degree
- You understand the software lifecycle and enjoy a challenge
- Analytical skills and logical reasoning are essential with the ability to solve problems in innovative ways preferred
- You must be able to work to delivery requirements within reasonably agreed timeframes and demonstrate the potential to work through projects to their conclusion
- Evidence of leading people, teams or activities would be desirable although not essential
- Ability to attain a security clearance relevant to your role
Salary and benefits As well as a range of competitive financial and non-financial benefits you would expect from a leading organisation, we also offer:
- Starting salary of £30K
- Pay increases every six months
- A permanent contract from day one
- Exciting customer project work
- Exposure to a variety of work that will allow you to follow your interests and shape your career
- A friendly and collaborative company culture
- A graduate programme that will provide you with the training to develop your technical skills and leadership capability
- The potential to progress to senior engineer upon completion of your graduate programme!
Please submit a CV and a covering letter with the following information:
- What appeals to you about Northrop Grumman and a place on the graduate programme?
- What relevant skills, knowledge and experience do you have for this position?
- What skills, knowledge and experience are you seeking to develop on the graduate programme?
Why Northrop Grumman
Being a part of Northrop Grumman gives you the opportunity to use your skills to make a difference in our mission of enabling global security. Our company grows because of our employees' dedication and commitment to achieving our mission, something we always remember. In return for working for us you will have access to a benefits package that provides you with flexibility to balance your professional career with your personal life, health & well-being benefits, discount schemes, pension benefits and investment in your future development.