Cisco is redefining the future of collaboration. We are creating a world where people come together effortlessly and enjoyably. Our technology powers industry leading products and services that bring modern, uncompromised collaboration to everyone – spanning every room, desk, pocket and application.
What you'll do
As part of a diverse team, you will play an integral part in our Agile software development process. A successful candidate for this role can be flexible, loves learning new skills and takes responsibility for tasks and features. You will be solving new problems and tackling new challenges every day, closely supported by a talented team of fellow engineers.
As part of a wider team that spans the globe, you may find yourself working alongside Cisco engineers in Silicon Valley, Norway, Ireland, India, and China either remotely through our own collaboration technologies or in person through foreign travel.
From your first week you will be fully embedded in a scrum team working on our codebase, where you’ll be using state of the art technology, methods and tools to deliver new features and improvements to our customers for both cloud and on premise.
Our dream candidate
We are looking for talented individuals with:
- A technical degree or equivalent experience with a strong STEM foundation
- Consistent track record of personal and academic achievements
- Software programming experience, and willingness to learn a new programming language if necessary
- Flexible and can quickly adapt to new challenges and requirements
- Creative problem-solving skills
- Motivated by challenges and continuous learning
What to expect from Cisco
We will offer you a competitive combination of compensation and benefits including:
- A flexible working environment and hours
- Continuous learning through training, stretch assignments and hackathons
- 5 days for voluntary work and a day off on your birthday
- A generous bonus and share options scheme, a good pension, benefits, insurances and of course the fortnightly sprint demos with pizza
- A fun and talented group of people to work alongside
- An opportunity to work with cutting-edge tech
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here’s how we do it.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (35 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it).
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a commitment to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!