The office-based rotation part of this role will be based in our brand new, state-of-the-art co-working facilities in Moorgate, London. This site, at the heart of London provides fantastic amenities, support services and collaborative workspaces with convenient transport links.
Who we are…?
For more than a century, our organisation has been inventing for life, bringing forward medicines and vaccines for many of the world's most challenging diseases. Today, our organisation continues to be at the forefront of research to deliver innovative health solutions and advance the prevention and treatment of diseases that threaten people and animals around the world.
We are officially certified by the Top Employer Institute and been awarded the exclusive Top Employer United Kingdom Certification for the fourth year running.
Our Human Health Division maintains a “patient first, profits later” ideology. The organization is comprised of sales, marketing, market access, digital analytics and commercial professionals who are passionate about their role in bringing our medicines to our customers worldwide.
Throughout the 24-month graduate scheme you will gain exposure to the following teams:
- Develop a network of stakeholders across multiple teams
- Lead a project from start to finish that aligns to a priority area for the business
- Support and project manage strategic initiatives across the UK organisation
- Support and liaise with senior management on communications and projects
Insights, Analytics & Systems
- Become the Business Insights Lead for one of the brands
- Customer engagement analytics projects
- Business performance tracking
- Customer Relationship Management (CRM) field / Head Office champion liaison / co-ordination
- Develop technical skills in Spotfire and Excel
- Sales forecasting
- Project manage market research
- Develop a sophisticated understanding of the external NHS purchasing environment and terminology
- Develop a sophisticated understanding of the commercial process, including tendering, contracting & rebates
- Understand the impact of actions on both Gross and Net Pricing
- Assess commercial opportunities and the potential impact on franchise finances
- Completion of an accountable project - Designing and implementing programmes to ensure after sales implementation of tender contract(s) within private and / or NHS accounts
Commercial Trade Channels (CTC)
- Develop an understanding of the end-to-end trade channel environment from pallet to patient
- Demand planning process ensuring optimal product forecasting for UK market with responsibility for a specific brand
- Pharmacy services projects
- Supply chain data analytic projects supporting commercial and supply chain decision making
- CTC key performance metric development and tracking
- Omni –channel Supply Chain communications to customers
What happens at the end of the 24-month scheme?
Throughout the 24-month scheme you will receive guidance and mentoring to not only help you through your current role, but also to prepare you for applications to permanent roles within the organisation, with the aim that you will continue your career journey with us.
- Working in a STEM subject (Science, Technology, Engineering, Maths) or Business-related discipline or MPharm, either predicted or gained within the last two years
- Project management experience with examples of delivering initiatives from start to finish with clear goals and objectives
- Demonstrates an interest in the healthcare landscape in the UK, including the structure of the NHS
- Strong planning and organisational skills
- Ethics and integrity
- The ability to be comfortable raising potential risks and having difficult and candid conversations
- The self-drive and confidence to work autonomously whilst also thriving from working productively within a cross-functional team
- Strong IT and analytical skills
- Demonstrable work experience
Qualities we look for
- Operates with a high level of integrity, transparency and accountability
- Comprehends and aligns with our organization’s core values
- Aligns and fosters a culture of diversity and inclusivity
- Demonstrates initiative, proactivity and academic curiosity
- Encourages and boosts their colleagues through teamwork
- Demonstrates clear and effective communication
- Demonstrates a desire to learn and improve their performance through feedback