At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
- This role ensures programme work is delivered on time, budget and to the required scope through robust plans. The team provides support across the programme areas, helping drive the other functions through the Project Lifecycle from Customer needs to Validation (and closeout).
- Conduct/lead all systems engineering activities including requirements management, verification testing and design assurance.
- Produce/review project technical documentation to project schedule.
- Prepare for and successfully deliver key design reviews (PDR/CDR) in accordance with the programme schedule.
- Technical management of suppliers, ensuring requirements and design baselines are maintained.
- Reviewing and challenging technical documentation received from Customer and suppliers.
- Support/Lead reviews with the Customer and key suppliers.
- Ensuring adequate integration with other engineering functions involved in the delivery of the programme (Hardware, Mechanical, Software, ILS, IA, Safety etc.).
- Ensure all responsibilities are delivered in accordance with Company Standards of Conduct and contractual processes.
- Have awareness of and comply with Company Standards of Conduct and all relevant statutory requirements.
General Operational duties
- Attend Business Management department meetings as required
- Remain compliant with all applicable processes and procedures
Essential qualifications / experience
- Engineering Degree or in a suitable related discipline e.g. Systems engineering.
Preferred qualifications / experience
- Experience of systems requirements management, definition, design, integration, acceptance and analysis
- Knowledge of System Engineering models and techniques.
- Knowledge of requirements management tools
- Adept at problem-solving, able to develop solutions to a variety of problems
- Good attention to detail
- Organised, adept at workload management and prioritising appropriately to meet deadlines
- Flexible and responsive to changing priorities
- Proactive team worker, equally self-motivated and able to work autonomously
- Good interpersonal skills, able to engage effectively with all audiences/stakeholders
- Proficient user of MS office
- Understanding or experience of electrical design generating applications
- Competent in PowerPoint (and face-to-face presentation delivery, where required)
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Strong customer focus
- Engaging ‘can do’ attitude
Please submit a CV and a covering letter with the following information:
- What appeals to you about Northrop Grumman and a place on the graduate programme?
- What relevant skills, knowledge and experience do you have for this position?
- What skills, knowledge and experience are you seeking to develop on the graduate programme?
- Travel requirements: Occasional UK travel may be required to attend team/customer meetings and training activities
- Clearance requirements: Hold SC clearance or ability to achieve it
- Looking for flexibility? At Northrop Grumman UK we have hybrid working arrangements. Talk to us at the application stage about what may be possible.