As a Graduate trading Analyst, you will be an integral part of the Commercial team, responsible for the optimisation and management of flexible gas fired power plants and conducting analysis to provide insight into the market to identify trends, opportunities and market behaviours.
This is intended as a developmental position that will offer the successful applicant training and the ability to gain further qualifications if desired.
The role is primarily office based in our modern City Centre office in Cardiff. Flexible working will be promoted and encouraged.
Whilst the position is full-time with a standard 37.5 hour working week (excluding lunch), the role is results focused, and the candidate will be expected to be flexible with their time accordingly to suit the needs of the team to manage the 07:00-22:00 coverage of shifts.
Knowledge, Skills, Attributes and Qualifications
- Degree in a numerate based subject such as Economics, Engineering or Maths
- Desired IT Skills – Advanced Excel, Python, SQL, VBA, Power BI
- Highly analytical individual
- High attention to detail/operationally robust
- Interest in the Power sector
- Team player who works effectively and efficiently with and through people.
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation communication skills.
- High level of organisational skills and attention to detail.
- Fully open and transparent in communication, and not afraid to admit mistakes or personal limitations to colleagues and peers.
- Tenacious and persistent in overcoming challenges.
- Ability to self-motivate and effectively manage own workload and to prioritise tasks appropriately.
What we offer
- To be part of an exciting, innovative, passionate and entrepreneurial team environment at the cutting edge of new energy developments and innovations.
- Competitive salary, bonus and benefits package, and eligibility for a tax-free employee dividend.
- Opportunities for continuous training and development in line with business needs.
- Welsh Power will encourage any professional training and ambitions to gain relevant professional qualifications (such as
- Chartered Accountant or Chartered Manager) and will fund professional memberships.
- A flexible and committed approach to work.
- Always demonstrates a professional approach and attitude.
- Natural curiosity and a willingness to investigate and solve problems proactively and an ability to quickly assimilate information from different sources.
- Automatic participation in an employee-owned business structure, with the positive working culture and financial benefits that this affords.
25 days of annual leave plus bank holidays (can be up to 30 with holiday loyalty
- Opportunity to be involved in the cycle-to-work salary sacrifice scheme.
- A high-quality office environment located in the heart of Cardiff city centre.
- Opportunity to be involved in regular social activities organised by the Wellbeing team