Fantastic opportunity for a graduate to join FM Conway’s innovative and growing Aggregate and Asphalt Division as our Graduate Trainee Manager! This opportunity will be perfect for someone who is looking to build a career in the Aggregate and Asphalt Industry. This is a full-time permanent role which will offer extensive training opportunities, exposure to all areas of the division, a competitive salary and wide range of benefits.
Why you should join our family
Our Aggregate and Asphalt Division is a fast paced and ever-growing area of our business. The teams offer a wide range of asphalt and concrete products and services, for use on the UK's highway network as well as for other construction and maintenance projects.
As our Graduate Trainee Manager , we will offer you a range of fantastic benefits including career and professional development, 23 days holiday plus bank holidays, opportunities for internal and external training and access to a wide range of shopping discounts through our Rewarding Great People platform. We will also offer you a range of health and well-being benefits including 24-hour advice lines and support from our mental health first aiders.
The Graduate Trainee Manager Role
As our Graduate Assistant Manager, you will benefit from being handed responsibility from the outset. This is an opportunity to gain hands-on experience and develop a broad understanding, as well as receiving support in building key skills.
You will provide support to the management teams within various aspects of the Asphalt and Aggregate operations, working collaboratively with colleagues and external partners, using your own initiative, within tight timescales.
Other duties will include:
- Working closely with the operations management teams to ensure that regular performance progress reviews are carried out to make sure that individuals have the required skills, knowledge, and competence to carry out their roles
- Supporting the operations teams with induction of all new starters, visitors, contractors and ensure their successful security clearance and onboarding into the company and their workplace making sure the required permit to works are in place
- Preparing regular forecasts of raw materials, fuel, plant, and workforce requirements to ensure the site can operate at optimal capacity
-Carry out regular reviews of the production of all materials and resources
- Assisting and supporting to deliver toolbox talks to individuals working at the operations when required
- Coaching individuals to work in accordance with the company values to meet production timescales and ensure customer satisfaction
What we are looking for
To be considered for the Graduate Trainee Manager role you must have a degree or master’s in either Business Studies, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering. You will have strong communication skills along with excellent written and verbal communication.
So if you would like to join the team as our Graduate Trainee Manager then please apply today, we’d love to hear from you!
FM Conway is an equal opportunities employer who value a diverse and inclusive working environment. We do not discriminate and we recognise and embrace that people work in different ways.
We value alternative viewpoints, celebrate individuality and foster a culture where everyone feels respected for their individual contribution.
People are at the heart of our business and we want to ensure that everyone goes home safe, healthy and well at the end of each day. As a business we have introduced new rules of engagement, social distancing marshals and improved hygiene facilities to ensure that our employees can work safely. People first, go home safe.
Covering the Asphalt Plants and Head office; Sevenoaks (Head Office) Erith Heathrow Reading Theale Aldershot Croydon Newhaven