South East + 2
Who are we?
Ark Teacher Training is an ‘Outstanding’ teacher training programme offering the perfect mixture of theory and classroom practice to develop you into the best teacher you can be. We believe that every child, regardless of their background, deserves to have access to a great education, which is why we work mainly in areas of low income with a history of academic underachievement.
The majority of trainees, particularly recent graduates, are put on the School Direct (SD) Bursary/Non-Salaried route. The amount ranges depending on the subject you wish to teach
How is the programme structured?
You’ll be based in a school of your choice from day one, spending the whole academic year watching your students progress. At the end of your training year, you’ll have achieved the following:
- QTS (Qualified Teacher Status)
- PGCE (postgraduate certificate in education) in your chosen teaching subject
After successfully completing your training year you can progress onto our highly supportive, tailored ECT (early career teacher) programme. We will help you secure an ECT role at your school or at another one in the Ark network and guide you through your first few years of teaching.
What support is available to me during the programme?
“99% of trainees feel their wellbeing is well supported by the Ark Teacher Training team.”
We are committed to providing high-quality professional learning for our teachers. On our teacher training programme, you will benefit from:
- Your own Ark Teacher Training tutor.
- Continuous support throughout your training year and beyond, including an in-school coach and weekly training sessions.
- Being able to practice teaching strategies before entering the classroom.
- A curriculum based on leading educational research and a unique focus on subject curriculum.
- A supportive network of tutors, other teachers, and trainees past and present.
To be eligible to teach in the UK you must:
- have a grade C or above in Maths and English language GCSE
- hold (or will hold) an undergraduate Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) prior to beginning your Initial Teacher Training
- have a degree or A level in a science related subject to teach science
- have the right to live and work in the UK for the duration of the programme (3 years)
- not currently hold Qualified Teacher Status
London, Birmingham, Portsmouth, Hastings, Southampton
South East, West Midlands, Greater London