South East + 8
At AECOM we have a number of exciting opportunities across the UK & Ireland for graduates to work within our Transport Planning Team. Our team covers all areas of transport planning, from pedestrian and highway modelling, to public transport and spatial planning. As an integrated team, we provide design and planning advice from inception through to detailed design, often working alongside engineers, architects and master planners in multi-disciplinary teams.
AECOM’s global reach will allow you to get involved in a wide variety of exciting projects from around the world, plus in the UK & Ireland. Recent examples include Rio 2016 Olympic Games, Qatar 2022 World Cup, Sharjah Masterplan, Paris Metro, Istanbul’s Golden Horn and many others.
The wide range of projects will give you the opportunity to work with clients from both the private and public sector. These could be local transport authorities such as the UK Department of Transport and Transport for London, private developers, or overseas institutions such as the European Commission. No matter who our client is, we deliver tailored transport solutions using some of the most sophisticated modelling techniques, and applying a range of specialist software. Often starting with a blank canvass, you will be encouraged to combine creativity with technical know-how to solve our clients’ transport challenges.
We will, of course, provide you with all the training and support you need to progress your career and develop professionally. You will be working within a positive culture where learning and development is not only supported, but also actively promoted.
Early work with us will typically be supporting senior staff with technical input into a variety of projects. Depending on the team you will be joining, key responsibilities will include:
- Assisting in data collection and analysis
- Reviewing and building transport models using various modelling tools
- Planning and evaluating future transport schemes and associated business cases
- Reviewing drawings and documents including Transport Assessments and Travel Plans
- Assisting in the preparation of reports, presentations, bids and proposals
- Attending meetings and workshops with clients and members of other disciplines.
- A Bachelors degree in Civil Engineering, Geography, Economics, Maths, or an MSc in Transport Planning with a 2:1 classification (or equivalent) or above
- A Masters degree in Civil Engineering, Geography, Economics, Maths, or Transport Planning would be an advantage
- Transport Planning modules or experience would be an advantage
- Ability to demonstrate a good technical understanding of Transport Planning
- Demonstrable interest in Transport Planning and developing a career in this industry
- Willing and able to work towards chartership with the TPS, CIHT, or ICE
- Good Microsoft Office skills essential such as Word, Excel & PowerPoint
- Ability to communicate effectively to internal and external clients, both verbally & in writing with the confidence to engage with a variety of people (clients, colleagues, stakeholders and sub-contractors alike) and the aptitude to rationally explain, explore and discuss technical issues and capture feedback
- Enthusiastic, hard-working, with ambition and drive
- Ability to structure & prioritise work effectively through close cooperation with the team as a whole
- Ability to work in a team and independently without losing initiative & focus
What We Offer
We will give you the flexibility you need to do your best work with hybrid work options. Whether you’re working from an AECOM office, remote location or at a client site, you will be working in a dynamic environment where your integrity, entrepreneurial spirit and pioneering mindset are championed.
You will help us foster a culture of equity, diversity and inclusion – a safe and respectful workplace, where we invite everyone to bring their whole selves to work using their unique talents, backgrounds and expertise to create transformational outcomes for our clients.
We will encourage you to grow and develop your career with us through our technical and professional development programs and diverse career opportunities. We believe in leadership at all levels. No matter where you sit in the organization you can make a lasting impact on the projects you work on, the teams and committees you join and our business.
We offer competitive pay and benefits, well-being programs to support you and your family, and the development resources you need to advance your career.
When you join us, you will connect and collaborate with a global network of experts – planners, designers, engineers, scientists, consultants, program and construction managers – leading the change toward a more sustainable and equitable future. Join us and let’s get started.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person’s potential, and we’ll help you reach yours.
Dublin, Basingstoke, Birmingham, Bristol, Chesterfield, Exeter, Leeds, Liverpool, Newcastle, St. Alban, Manchester
South East, South West, West Midlands, Yorkshire and the Humber, East Midlands, East of England, Greater London, North East, North West