NHS Graduate IM&T Fast Track Scheme
The Information Management & Technology (IM&T) graduate fast track scheme has been designed for high potential graduates interested in a fast-track career in Information Management and Technology. The purpose of the scheme is to develop the NHS IM&T leaders of the future.
As an IM&T graduate trainee, you will have the opportunity to undertake a two-year rotational scheme offering two placements. You will be placed in one of our IM&T trainee roles, which could be, for example, as a systems analyst, data analyst, helpdesk, software support analyst, cyber security or junior networker.
Within the NHS, IM&T functions are responsible for the delivery of information systems and services to their Trust to support both clinical and business integration. IM&T leads in the development of IT strategy and directing all delivery programmes and services. The function provides a range of critical services many of which are running 24-7. It is also responsible for ensuring that IT Governance is executed effectively in order that Trusts comply with information obligations.
We are offering three distinct career pathways:
- Information Management (IM) - Data Analyst, Information Analyst
- Information Technology - General - Networker, Front Line Help Desk, Software Developer/Tester, Change Project Manager. IT Project Manager
- Information Technology - Cyber Security - Incident Coordinator, / Officer, Technical Architect Support Officer, Cyber Intrusion Analyst
Information Technology opportunities
Successful applicants to the scheme will have an aptitude for understanding the technical complexities of our systems and the ability to offer a technical response to business problems in non-technical language. The range of responsibilities for these roles are broad and varied, however, you may be required, for example, to perform real time diagnostic analysis (root cause analysis), with assistance from senior technical leads, to ensure that systems remain fully functional and that patient care or a service/department’s ability to deliver critical functions are never compromised.
The roles also involve both a reactive and a pro-active approach to the delivery of service and are focused on maintaining and improving the levels of service that the IM&T function provides to their Trust.
Information Management opportunities
Participants of the scheme will be responsible for researching facts and figures to check that national healthcare standards are being met in their Trust area. You could, for example, be researching patient waiting times, gathering facts and statistics from staff reports and computer records. You will use a statistical computer program to read the data, so you can easily see patterns and possible data-collection errors. Other responsibilities include writing up patient-waiting-time trends in a report, and checking your Trust meets national healthcare standards. You will be responsible for reporting your findings to senior members of staff to make them aware of trends etc. The role will provide you with the opportunity to fully use your skills to ensure healthcare standards are met.
- The Graduate IM&T Fast Track Scheme at a glance: October 2019 – September 2021
The scheme starts from October 2019
- Apprenticeship commences from start of scheme
- Mentoring and Continuous Professional Development workshops including day release throughout the scheme
- On successful completion of the scheme, graduate trainees progress from a NHS Band 5 to 6/7 in their IM&T field after 2 years from beginning of contract. Salary to start in the range of £23-27.5K. By completion of programme, the salary will increase to £28-33.5K (depending on location).
- Available to attend assessment centre, if successful:
- - 20th September 2019
- Relevant degree (ideally) in a STEM discipline or equivalent work experience in Information Management or Technology
- Able to work within London and the Home Counties
- Commitment to complete a two-year training scheme
- Committed to a career in the NHS
Other essential qualities:
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Customer focused
- Ability to navigate ambiguity
- Strong self-awareness