Join us for a placement and you'll gain a full insight into our clients, our business and life as a Public Sector Audit associate. During your placement you'll experience real client work, learning and development opportunities and you’ll take on the same responsibilities as a first year graduate.
For this fixed term placement, we have three different start dates available:
- Monday 3 February 2020
- Monday 2 March 2020
- Monday 30 March 2020
We’ll look to clarify your preferred start date at the time of interview if you are selected for this final round. All contracts will end on 31 July 2020. If the placement goes well, there may be potential to move onto a trainee graduate programme in Autumn 2020. Whether you move onto a permanent programme at the end or not, this opportunity will give you great insight and experience into the world of accountancy and Public Sector Audit.
Join us and you’ll shape more than just your career. We believe we’re best positioned to make a meaningful impact on the economy. Every day, we provide a diverse range of organisations with the kind of business and financial advice it takes to do this. Our ideas and insight empower our clients to make big decisions about the future and unlock sustainable growth. With a relentless focus on quality and integrity, we help businesses, communities and our people to flourish.
During this fixed term placement you'll gain a full insight into our clients, our business and life as a Public Sector Audit associate. During your placement you'll experience real client work, learning and development opportunities and you’ll take on the same responsibilities as a first year graduate.
You’ll hit the ground running, which may involve visiting client sites as part of a small team soon after you start. From the beginning you'll be expected to get stuck in, develop deep relationships and ask the right questions to cut to the core of your client's business. Being able to see the bigger picture and then focus on the specific client's issues is essential.
What's in it for you?
- Own your own work. On your placement you’ll get a hands-on experience of different aspects of audit. You’ll help our clients to grow and be encouraged to develop your skills every day.
- Be a part of a team. You’ll work with colleagues who, like you, are passionate about supporting, advising and helping all kinds of businesses achieve their potential. Collaboration is one of our key values that underpins our culture so your input will be encouraged from day one and you’ll be surrounded by people ready to help you – whether it be within your immediate team or the wider Grant Thornton community.
- Build your brand. Working closely with your people manager, you will find areas where you can develop, collaborate and communicate more effectively with colleagues and clients at all levels. You will get the opportunity to build your brand as a trusted adviser to clients and within our firm.
- Progress in your career. As well as learning on-the-job, you’ll enjoy rigorous training, starting with your orientation that will immerse you in our business, vision and purpose. At the end of the placement, you should feel proud for what you’ve achieved and have a clear understanding as to how we support our clients in their plans for growth.
The minimum criteria
We have a flexible approach to academic entry requirements. We’ll consider your academic achievements, but your strengths, motivations and connection with us and our values are equally as important. We’re looking for people with a broad range of interests and experiences.
Do you care about the same things we do?
We have six values we work by. When we meet, we’ll want you to show us how they’re important to you, too.
- Collaboration: We work together, share ideas and always make time to help each other out.
- Leadership: Everyone has the chance to lead their own projects.
- Excellence: Quality is central to our purpose. Our clients rely on us to make sure they do the right thing and are operating within the law. We pride ourselves on having high standards and integrity, and we’re looking for people who will do what’s right even when no one’s looking.
- Agility: The world moves quickly. To keep up, we stay flexible – changing approaches, changing projects, working offline, online, together and alone to get things done.
- Respect: A given, of course: we value each other and our clients. We listen, we understand, we care.
- Responsibility: The decisions we make and advice we give affects people’s lives and livelihoods. We take that seriously and always do well by doing what’s right.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!