Join us and you’ll shape more than just your career
We believe we’re best positioned to make a meaningful impact on the economy. Every day, we provide a diverse range of organisations with the kind of business and financial advice it takes to do this. Our ideas and insight empower our clients to make big decisions about the future and unlock sustainable growth. With a relentless focus on quality and integrity, we help businesses, communities and our people to flourish.
More about the programme
As an intern in audit, you'll join us for six weeks for an opportunity to get stuck in with real responsibility, gain an insight into life as a trainee and fast track to a graduate role. Your internship will start with an orientation where you’ll get to know your new colleagues and fellow interns, and immerse yourself in our business, vision and purpose.
You’ll hit the ground running, which will involve visiting client sites as part of a small team soon after you start. From the beginning you'll be expected to get stuck in, develop deep relationships and ask the right questions to cut to the core of your client's business. Being able to see the bigger picture and then focus on the specific client's issues is essential. You’ll also be supported every step of the way by our team.
What’s in it for you?
- Own your own work. As an intern you’ll get hands-on experience getting involved in all aspects of audit, giving you an in-depth insight into real business right from the very beginning.
- Be a part of a team. You’ll work with colleagues who, like you, are passionate about supporting, advising and helping all kinds of businesses achieve their potential. Collaboration is one of our key values that underpins our culture so your input will be encouraged from day one and you’ll be surrounded by people ready to help you – whether it be within your immediate team or the wider Grant Thornton community.
- Build your brand. Working closely with your people manager, you will find areas where you can develop, collaborate and communicate more effectively with colleagues and clients at all levels. You will get the opportunity to build your brand as a trusted adviser to clients and within our firm.
- Progress in your career. As well as learning on-the-job, you’ll enjoy rigorous training, starting with your orientation that will immerse you in our business, vision and purpose. At the end of the placement, you should feel proud for what you’ve achieved and have a clear understanding as to how we support our clients in their plans for growth.
The minimum criteria
We have a flexible approach to academic entry requirements. We’ll consider your academic achievements, but your strengths, motivations and connection with us and our values are equally as important. We’re looking for people with a broad range of interests and experiences.
Do you care about the same things we do?
We have six values we work by. When we meet, we’ll want you to show us how they’re important to you, too.
- Collaboration: We work together, share ideas and always make time to help each other out.
- Leadership: Everyone has the chance to lead their own projects.
- Excellence: Quality is central to our purpose. Our clients rely on us to make sure they do the right thing and are operating within the law. We pride ourselves on having high standards and integrity, and we’re looking for people who will do what’s right even when no one’s looking.
- Agility: The world moves quickly. To keep up, we stay flexible – changing approaches, changing projects, working offline, online, together and alone to get things done.
- Respect: A given, of course: we value each other and our clients. We listen, we understand, we care.
- Responsibility: The decisions we make and advice we give affects people’s lives and livelihoods. We take that seriously and always do well by doing what’s right.
Share ideas and profits
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!