This role supports clients with a wide range of services including preparation of annual and management accounts. Our clients are diverse and include several specialist sectors: farms, agriculture, not for profit entities, education and dynamic growing owner managed businesses. The team works together to support and challenge each other to exceed clients expectations.
The role is a brand new position created due to our growing business base for management accounts, bookkeeping and VAT returns preparation. The work ranges from simple quarterly VAT returns to on site management accounts work at clients premises. The clients range from sole traders to multinational businesses.
The role offers the exciting opportunity to work independently and take ownership of preparing the management accounts, bookkeeping and VAT returns for our growing portfolio of clients who require a bespoke service. Reporting directly to the manager on each assignment, liaising with other service lines and building important client relationships. The role offers variety with special one off assignments and the opportunity to help develop and challenge the control processes around the service provided.
- identifies where relevant knowledge and expertise sits within the firm and the methods of accessing it
- develops and maintains contacts in the business community and with university/college alumni
- maintains and grows network of contacts elsewhere in the firm in order to share relevant knowledge and information and prevent duplication of effort
- proactively identifies clients' needs that can be satisfied from the firm's services and informs the manager/partner
- involved in office marketing events and is an 'ambassador' of the firm
- involved in developing departments specialist services
- develops a good working relationships with client staff with whom you will have most contact
- is competent with Sage line 50
- has experience of preparing management accounts and VAT returns
- able to work independently on-site at clients premises
- reviews work prepared by junior people where necessary
- is able to answer day to day management account queries from clients and consult with managers and partners appropriately demonstrating good judgement
- adheres to the firm's risk management policies and procedures, consulting with colleagues as necessary
- notifies of any potential ethical breaches to managers and partners, making suggestions of how to address them
- addresses, researches and proposes firm conclusions in respect of technical and audit issues
- liaises with other departments in the office, e.g. tax to ensure that jobs run efficiently and that client service is maintained
- contributes to departmental and office meetings and makes presentations at technical meetings
- Maintains an understanding of UK GAAP and understands each clients’ principal accounting policies, challenging current approaches and recommending improvements for greater robustness and efficiency
- proactive in managing client expectations
- develops supervisory and coaching skills, providing on-the-job learning to junior colleagues and delegating work appropriately
- provides junior colleagues with timely feedback, completing assignment performance reviews
- asks for feedback on own progress and applies it going forward
- can balance normal workflow and demands of professional exams without disruption to other team members
Operations and results
- actively monitors budgets and timeframes on all assignments, taking responsibility for achievement of these
- exercises judgement as to whether work has been completed to an appropriate level
- manages the content of the files and is aware of the overall expectations for the team
- identifies opportunities for charging overruns and collates supporting evidence
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!