Join us and you’ll shape more than just your career
We believe we’re best positioned to make a meaningful impact on the economy. Every day, we provide a diverse range of organisations with the kind of business and financial advice it takes to do this. Our ideas and insight empower our clients to make big decisions about the future and unlock sustainable growth. With a relentless focus on quality and integrity, we help businesses, communities and our people to flourish.
More about the programme
We’ve designed our three-year graduate programme to take you on a journey from graduate to professionally qualified business adviser. In that time, you’ll pack in lots of learning and new experiences. You’ll study and revise for your exams. You’ll also have the chance to work on a variety of exciting projects and help provide a great client service.
Our clients are operating in uncertain times. It's our job to work with them to help them to grow sustainably and fulfil their responsibilities. As part of our audit team, you’ll spend most of your time going out to work with our clients at their sites. Right from the start, you’ll develop relationships built on credibility and trust with clients across a wide range of sectors. Getting to the heart of how they work and what challenges they face, you’ll help us provide the business and financial advice they need to grow and make the right decisions about the future.
You’ll be given the opportunity to specialise in one of the following Audit Pods:
- Human Capital and Consumer
- Real Estate and Construction
- Technology, Media and Telecommunications
We’ll give you further information about the type of work these teams do a little bit further into the application process. If you successfully make it to Experience Day, you will be considered across all the pods but we will reach out to you before then to find out if you have a preference.
In this programme you’ll study towards becoming ACA (Associate Chartered Accountant) or ACCA (Association of Chartered Certified Accountants) qualified.
What's in it for you?
- Own your own work. The work you'll do with your clients is of huge importance. After all, bad tax advice can lead to damaged reputations and expensive consequences. You'll help your clients manage their tax obligations efficiently and responsibly. From early on, you could have your own client portfolio.
- Be a part of a team. Passionate about supporting, advising and helping all kinds of businesses achieve their potential. Able to analyse the numbers and back them up with strategic advice, you must be a great relationship builder who can inspire everyone around you with your energy and ideas. You should also work well with others and take ownership of the part you play.
- Build your brand. Working closely with your people manager, you will find areas where you can develop, collaborate and communicate more effectively with colleagues and clients at all levels. You will get the opportunity to build your brand as a trusted adviser to clients and within our firm.
- Progress in your career. As well as learning on-the-job, you'll enjoy rigorous training, starting with your orientation that will immerse you in our business, vision and purpose. At the end of the programme, you'll become professionally qualified and all kinds of opportunities will open up.
- Making quality second nature. Our clients rely on us to make sure they do the right thing and are operating within the law. We pride ourselves on the high-level standards and integrity we have for the work that we do. We're looking for people who will do what's right even when no one's looking.
The minimum criteria
Anyone without a degree can join this programme. We have a flexible approach to academic entry requirements. We'll consider your academic achievements, but your strengths, motivations and connection with us and our values are more important. We're looking for people with a broad range of interests and experiences.
Do you care about the same things we do?
We have six values we work by. When we meet, we'll want you to show us how they're important to you, too.
- Collaboration: We work together, share ideas and always make time to help each other out.
- Leadership: Everyone has the chance to lead their own projects.
- Excellence: Quality is central to our purpose. We love what we do, and it shows. We sweat the details. We see things through, no matter how tricky.
- Agility: The world moves quickly. To keep up, we stay flexible – changing approaches, changing projects, working offline, online, together and alone to get things done.
- Respect: A given, of course: we value each other and our clients. We listen, we understand, we care.
- Responsibility: The decisions we make and advice we give affects people's lives and livelihoods. We take that seriously and always do well by doing what's right.
Share ideas and profits
Unlike most firms, we're also a shared enterprise. So when the firm does well, everyone does well by taking home a share of the profits. Of course, to get those profits, we need to share ideas and share responsibility for our work, too.
Bring your whole self
Now you've seen our values, it shouldn't be a surprise that we're creating a respectful, open, diverse place to work. We are an inclusive employer and committed to ensure our workforce is representative of our diverse society. Building an inclusive culture, where we value difference and respect our colleagues, is not just the right thing to do, it helps our people to perform at the best of their ability and realise their potential.
"We are committed to making sure that the opportunities within our firm are equally accessible for everyone – regardless of background or gender." Dave Dunckley, CEO
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!