Join us and you’ll shape more than just your career
We believe we’re best positioned to make a meaningful impact on the economy. Every day, we provide a diverse range of organisations with the kind of business and financial advice it takes to do this. Our ideas and insight empower our clients to make big decisions about the future and unlock sustainable growth. With a relentless focus on quality and integrity, we help businesses, communities and our people to flourish.
More about the programme
This programme will give you an insight into what you can expect from a graduate role in Public Sector Audit. In this time, you’ll pack in lots of learning and new experiences. You’ll also have the chance to work on a variety of exciting projects and help provide a great client service. If the placement goes well, there may be potential to move onto a trainee graduate programme in Autumn 2021. Whether you move onto a permanent programme at the end or not, this opportunity will give you great insight and experience into the world of accountancy and Public Sector Audit.
We have the following start dates available:
12th April - 30th September
1st June - 30th September
Public Sector Audit focuses on public bodies, government departments and national services. The scope for making a difference is huge, our people who work in this area are proud of the value they bring on a daily basis.
During times of rapid change and financial challenge, Public Sector bodies increasingly require assurance over their use of resources and financial accounts. Stakeholders need to be assured that Public Sector bodies can:
• Deliver "Value for Money"
• Use resources and assets in a way that maximises the benefits from these
• Prepare and plan for changes, challenges and pressures
• Be financially resilient
As part of our Public Sector Audit team, you’ll spend most of your time going out to work with our clients at their sites. You’ll get to know how they work, so you can help provide the business and financial advice they need to grow and make the right decisions about the future.
What’s in it for you?
• Your day to day. As part of the Public Sector service line, your role will be challenging, rewarding and interesting. You’ll get hands-on experience of different aspects of audit, working on all kinds of projects that range from a few days to up to eight weeks. One day you could find yourself examining financial records or carrying out audit tests. The next day you could be attending stocktakes or completing audit files for a variety of clients ranging from the NHS to the Fire Department.
• Who you’ll be working with. You will work as part of our specialist team with over 300 team members across the UK, allowing you the opportunity to build a trusted and supportive internal network. You’ll spend time working with clients to understand the issues that are important to them. To do this, you must be a great relationship builder with clients and colleagues alike. You’ll take ownership for your own work whilst having the opportunity to develop others and create an environment where everyone can flourish.
• Your personal development plan. Right from the start, you’ll develop a strong internal and external network, working with a diverse range of colleagues and clients across a wide range of sectors. Working closely with your people manager, you will find areas where you can develop, collaborate and communicate more effectively with colleagues and clients at all levels.
• Making quality second nature. The role of an auditor is to act independently to support trust and integrity in the business. Our clients rely on us to make sure they do the right thing and are operating within the law. We pride ourselves on the high-level standards and integrity we have for the work that we do.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!