Join us and you’ll shape more than just your career
We believe we’re best positioned to make a meaningful impact on the economy. Every day, we provide a diverse range of organisations with the kind of business and financial advice it takes to do this. Our ideas and insight empower our clients to make big decisions about the future and unlock sustainable growth. With a relentless focus on quality and integrity, we help businesses, communities and our people to flourish.
More about the programme
As an intern in tax, you'll join us for six weeks for an opportunity to get stuck in with real responsibility, gain an insight into life as a trainee and fast track to a graduate role. Your internship will start with an orientation where you’ll get to know your new colleagues and fellow interns, and immerse yourself in our business, vision and purpose.
You will be working with corporations to understand their complex and ever-changing tax needs. Our tax teams ensure our clients are operating within the law whilst at the same time minimising their tax obligations. You'll get challenging on-the-ground experience in the two parts of tax advice – compliance and consultancy. Compliance is about helping clients meet their existing tax commitments and consultancy is about helping them operate in a more tax-efficient manner to make and save money
What’s in it for you?
- Own your own work. As an intern you’ll get a hands-on experience of different aspects of tax, working on all kinds of projects. You’ll help our clients to grow and be encouraged to develop your skills every day.
- Be a part of a team. You’ll work with colleagues who, like you, are passionate about supporting, advising and helping all kinds of businesses achieve their potential. Collaboration is one of our key values that underpins our culture so your input will be encouraged from day one and you’ll be surrounded by people ready to help you – whether it be within your immediate team or the wider Grant Thornton community.
- Build your brand. Working closely with your people manager, you will find areas where you can develop, collaborate and communicate more effectively with colleagues and clients at all levels. You will get the opportunity to build your brand as a trusted adviser to clients and within our firm.
- Progress in your career. As well as learning on-the-job, you’ll enjoy rigorous training, starting with your orientation that will immerse you in our business, vision and purpose. At the end of the placement, you should feel proud for what you’ve achieved and have a clear understanding as to how we support our clients in their plans for growth.
The minimum criteria
We have a flexible approach to academic entry requirements. We’ll consider your academic achievements, but your strengths, motivations and connection with us and our values are equally as important. We’re looking for people with a broad range of interests and experiences.
Do you care about the same things we do?
We have six values we work by. When we meet, we’ll want you to show us how they’re important to you, too.
- Collaboration: We work together, share ideas and always make time to help each other out.
- Leadership: Everyone has the chance to lead their own projects.
- Excellence: Quality is central to our purpose. Our clients rely on us to make sure they do the right thing and are operating within the law. We pride ourselves on having high standards and integrity, and we’re looking for people who will do what’s right even when no one’s looking.
- Agility: The world moves quickly. To keep up, we stay flexible – changing approaches, changing projects, working offline, online, together and alone to get things done.
- Respect: A given, of course: we value each other and our clients. We listen, we understand, we care.
- Responsibility: The decisions we make and advice we give affects people’s lives and livelihoods. We take that seriously and always do well by doing what’s right.
Share ideas and profits
Unlike most firms, we’re also a shared enterprise. So when the firm does well, everyone does well by taking home a share of the profits. Of course, to get those profits, we need to share ideas and share responsibility for our work, too.
Bring your whole self
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!