Join us and you’ll shape more than just your career
We believe we’re best positioned to make a meaningful impact on the economy. Every day, we provide a diverse range of organisations with the kind of business and financial advice it takes to do this. Our ideas and insight empower our clients to make big decisions about the future and unlock sustainable growth. With a relentless focus on quality and integrity, we help businesses, communities and our people to flourish.
More about the programme
As a placement in tax, you'll join us for 12 months to experience a year right at the heart of business. Your placement will start with an orientation that will kick-off the year. You’ll get to know your colleagues and students on other placements, while learning more about our business, vision and purpose.
You will be working with corporations to understand their complex and ever-changing tax needs. Our tax teams ensure our clients are operating within the law whilst at the same time minimising their tax obligations. You'll get challenging on-the-ground experience in the two parts of tax advice – compliance and consultancy. Compliance is about helping clients meet their existing tax commitments and consultancy is about helping them operate in a more tax-efficient manner to make and save money
What’s in it for you?
- Own your own work. As a placement student you’ll get a hands-on experience of different aspects of tax, working on all kinds of projects. You’ll help our clients to grow and be encouraged to develop your skills every day.
- Be a part of a team. You'll have the chance to be a part of exciting teams and projects beyond the day job which will really help with your development, as well as being a lot of fun. Working as a fully signed-up member of the team, you’ll be taking on the same responsibilities as a first year graduate.
- Build your brand. You will get the opportunity to build your brand as a trusted adviser to clients and within our firm, while promoting quality at the heart everything we do. Our placements are an excellent way to get a unique insight into our business and experience what it’s like to provide vital business and financial advice to clients.
- Progress in your career. As well as learning on-the-job, you’ll be invited to development workshops during your time with us, some of which will take place at our training facility, Bradenham manor, to help you on your way to becoming a credible business adviser. Most students who join us on a placement go onto become a full-time trainee after graduation.
- Making quality second nature. Our clients rely on us to make sure they do the right thing and are operating within the law. We pride ourselves on the high-level standards and integrity we have for the work that we do. We’re looking for people who will do what’s right even when no one’s looking.
The minimum criteria
We have a flexible approach to academic entry requirements. We’ll consider your academic achievements, but your strengths, motivations and connection with us and our values are equally as important. We’re looking for people with a broad range of interests and experiences.
Do you care about the same things we do?
We have six values we work by. When we meet, we’ll want you to show us how they’re important to you, too.
- Collaboration: We work together, share ideas and always make time to help each other out.
- Leadership: Everyone has the chance to lead their own projects.
- Excellence: Quality is central to our purpose. We love what we do, and it shows. We sweat the details. We see things through, no matter how tricky.
- Agility: The world moves quickly. To keep up, we stay flexible – changing approaches, changing projects, working offline, online, together and alone to get things done.
- Respect: A given, of course: we value each other and our clients. We listen, we understand, we care.
- Responsibility: The decisions we make and advice we give affects people’s lives and livelihoods. We take that seriously and always do well by doing what’s right.
Bring your whole self
Now you’ve seen our values, it shouldn’t be a surprise that we’re creating a respectful, open, diverse place to work. We are an inclusive employer and committed to ensure our workforce is representative of our diverse society. Building an inclusive culture, where we value difference and respect our colleagues, is not just the right thing to do, it helps our people to perform at the best of their ability and realise their potential.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!