Join us and you’ll shape more than just your career
We believe we’re best positioned to make a meaningful impact on the economy. Every day, we provide a diverse range of organisations with the kind of business and financial advice it takes to do this. Our ideas and insight empower our clients to make big decisions about the future and unlock sustainable growth. With a relentless focus on quality and integrity, we help businesses, communities and our people to flourish.
Our clients need to minimise risk to their business in order to function at an optimum level and deliver to their stakeholders. Within Technology Risk Services (TRS), it’s vitally important work: the team looks at the risks arising from the use of business technology including financial controls, cyber security and fraud prevention. In today's global economy, companies are very aware that not all their information is protected and safe. TRS are here to advise them how to operate efficiently and securely through the use of technology
More about the programme
As a placement in advisory, you'll join us for 12 months to experience a year right at the heart of business. Your placement will start with an orientation that will kick-off the year. You’ll get to know your colleagues and students on other placements, while learning more about our business, vision and purpose.
Working with businesses of all shapes and sizes, we’re a team that’s growing fast. Getting involved with interesting and dynamic parts of the business cycle, we help organisations to start up, expand or begin a new chapter. At the heart of our clients’ business strategy, we provide innovative solutions that unlock growth.
What’s in it for you?
- Own your own work. As a placement student you’ll get hands-on experience of different aspects of advisory, working on all kinds of projects. You'll think strategically and see the big picture, while also being able to hone your knowledge and apply it to each client, drilling down to the core of the issues, what the implications are and what needs to be done.
- Be a part of a team. You’ll work with colleagues who, like you, are passionate about supporting, advising and helping all kinds of businesses achieve their potential. Collaboration is one of our key values that underpins our culture so your input will be encouraged from day one and you’ll be surrounded by people ready to help you – whether it be within your immediate team or the wider Grant Thornton community.
- Build your brand. Working closely with your people manager, you will find areas where you can develop, collaborate and communicate more effectively with colleagues and clients at all levels. You will get the opportunity to build your brand as a trusted adviser to clients and within our firm.
- Progress in your career. As well as learning on-the-job, you’ll be invited to development workshops during your time with us, some of which will take place at our training facility, Bradenham manor, to help you on your way to becoming a credible business adviser. Most students who join us on a placement go onto become a full-time trainee after graduation.
The minimum criteria
We have a flexible approach to academic entry requirements. We’ll consider your academic achievements, but your strengths, motivations and connection with us and our values are equally as important. We’re looking for people with a broad range of interests and experiences.
Do you care about the same things we do?
We have six values we work by. When we meet, we’ll want you to show us how they’re important to you, too.
- Collaboration: We work together, share ideas and always make time to help each other out.
- Leadership: Everyone has the chance to lead their own projects.
- Excellence: Quality is central to our purpose. Our clients rely on us to make sure they do the right thing and are operating within the law. We pride ourselves on having high standards and integrity, and we’re looking for people who will do what’s right even when no one’s looking.
- Agility: The world moves quickly. To keep up, we stay flexible – changing approaches, changing projects, working offline, online, together and alone to get things done.
- Respect: A given, of course: we value each other and our clients. We listen, we understand, we care.
- Responsibility: The decisions we make and advice we give affects people’s lives and livelihoods. We take that seriously and always do well by doing what’s right.
Share ideas and profits
Unlike most firms, we’re also a shared enterprise. So when the firm does well, everyone does well by taking home a share of the profits. Of course, to get those profits, we need to share ideas and share responsibility for our work, too.
Bring your whole self
Now you’ve seen our values, it shouldn’t be a surprise that we’re creating a respectful, open, diverse place to work. We are an inclusive employer and committed to ensure our workforce is representative of our diverse society. Building an inclusive culture, where we value difference and respect our colleagues, is not just the right thing to do, it helps our people to perform at the best of their ability and realise their potential.
"We are committed to making sure that the opportunities within our firm are equally accessible for everyone – regardless of background or gender." Dave Dunckley, CEO
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!