Join us and you’ll shape more than just your career
We believe we’re best positioned to make a meaningful impact on the economy. Every day, we provide a diverse range of organisations with the kind of business and financial advice it takes to do this. Our ideas and insight empower our clients to make big decisions about the future and unlock sustainable growth. With a relentless focus on quality and integrity, we help businesses, communities and our people to flourish.
More about the programme
We’ve designed our three-year graduate programme to take you on a journey from graduate to becoming professionally qualified. In that time, you’ll pack in lots of learning and new experiences. You’ll study and revise for your exams. You’ll also have the chance to work on a variety of exciting projects and help provide great client service.
Today's global marketplace is constantly changing and evolving. We enable our clients to be agile and adapt to the environment. Our reputation is built on the quality of the work we deliver. Our approach to quality assurance is designed not only to ensure compliance with all relevant regulatory requirements, but more importantly to ensure that we deliver the absolute best to our clients every time we work with them.
Navigating this ever-changing regulatory landscape requires a tailored, responsive approach, aligned to our client specific needs and focused on addressing their key challenges and risks. Whether it be a UK or a global audit, this is our approach with clients.
What’s in it for you?
• Your day to day. The assurance given by an audit opinion is an important element of building trust and integrity in markets. Audit is an independent examination of the financial statements of an organisation, which involves the review and testing of client data to ensure it gives a true and fair depiction of the assets and liabilities. You’ll be required to spend time travelling to a variety of client offices where you’ll get hands-on experience of the different aspects of an audit. You’ll get experience in everything from examining financial records, carrying out audit tests, to attending stock-takes and completing audit files.
• Who you’ll be working with. Our Audit and Assurance practice is comprised of over 10 different service lines and over 50 partners. We audit over 8,000 entities annually, ranging from FTSE and AIM listed groups to Small and Medium sized Enterprises. As part of your role, you’ll need to be passionate about understanding the issues that are important to our clients and their businesses. You must be a great relationship builder with clients and colleagues alike. You’ll take ownership for your own work whilst having the opportunity to develop others and create an environment where everyone can flourish.
• Your personal development plan. Right from the start, you’ll develop a strong internal and external network, working with a diverse range of colleagues and clients across a wide range of sectors. Working closely with your people manager, you will find areas where you can develop, collaborate and communicate more effectively with colleagues and clients at all levels.
• Progress in your career. As well as learning on-the-job, you’ll enjoy a structured training programme, starting with your orientation that will immerse you in our business, vision and purpose. At the end of the programme, you’ll become professionally qualified which will open up a wider variety of career opportunities.
• Making quality second nature. The role of an auditor is to act independently to support trust and integrity in the business. Our clients rely on us to make sure they do the right thing and are operating within the law. We pride ourselves on the high-level standards and integrity we have for the work that we do.
In this programme you’ll study towards becoming ACA (Associate Chartered Accountant) qualified.
The minimum criteria
We have a flexible approach to academic entry requirements. We’ll consider your academic achievements alongside your strengths, motivations and connection with us. We’re looking for people with a broad range of interests and experiences.
Do you care about the same things we do?
Head to our employability hub to find out more about our values and what we look for throughout our assessment process. When we meet, we’ll want you to show us how they’re important to you, too.
Share ideas and profits
Unlike most firms, we’re also a shared enterprise. So when the firm does well, everyone does well by taking home a share of the profits. Of course, to get those profits, we need to share ideas and share responsibility for our work, too.
Bring your whole self
Now you’ve seen our values, it shouldn’t be a surprise that we’re creating a respectful, open and diverse place to work. We are an inclusive employer and committed to ensure our workforce is representative of our diverse society. Building an inclusive culture, where we value difference and respect our colleagues, is not just the right thing to do, it helps our people to perform at the best of their ability and realise their potential.
"We are committed to making sure that the opportunities within our firm are equally accessible for everyone – regardless of background or gender." Dave Dunckley, CEO
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!