Join us and you’ll shape more than just your career
We believe we’re best positioned to make a meaningful impact on the economy. Every day, we provide a diverse range of organisations with the kind of business and financial advice it takes to do this. Our ideas and insight empower our clients to make big decisions about the future and unlock sustainable growth. With a relentless focus on quality and integrity, we help businesses, communities and our people to flourish.
More about the programme
As a placement in audit, you'll join us for 12 months to experience a year right at the heart of business. Your placement will start with an orientation that will kick-off the year. You’ll get to know your colleagues and students on other placements, while learning more about our business, vision and purpose.
You’ll hit the ground running, which will involve visiting client sites as part of a small team soon after you start. From the beginning you'll be expected to get stuck in, develop deep relationships and ask the right questions to cut to the core of your client's business. Being able to see the bigger picture and then focus on the specific client's issues is essential.
What’s in it for you?
- Own your own work. As a placement student you’ll get a hands-on experience of different aspects of audit, working on all kinds of projects. You’ll help our clients to grow and be encouraged to develop your skills every day.
- Be a part of a team. You’ll work with colleagues who, like you, are passionate about supporting, advising and helping all kinds of businesses achieve their potential. Collaboration is one of our key values that underpins our culture so your input will be encouraged from day one and you’ll be surrounded by people ready to help you – whether it be within your immediate team or the wider Grant Thornton community.
- Build your brand. Working closely with your people manager, you will find areas where you can develop, collaborate and communicate more effectively with colleagues and clients at all levels. You will get the opportunity to build your brand as a trusted adviser to clients and within our firm.
- Progress in your career. As well as learning on-the-job, you’ll be invited to development workshops during your time with us, some of which will take place at our training facility, Bradenham manor, to help you on your way to becoming a credible business adviser. Most students who join us on a placement go onto become a full-time trainee after graduation.
The minimum criteria
We have a flexible approach to academic entry requirements. We’ll consider your academic achievements, but your strengths, motivations and connection with us and our values are equally as important. We’re looking for people with a broad range of interests and experiences.
Do you care about the same things we do?
We have six values we work by. When we meet, we’ll want you to show us how they’re important to you, too.
- Collaboration: We work together, share ideas and always make time to help each other out.
- Leadership: Everyone has the chance to lead their own projects.
- Excellence: Quality is central to our purpose. Our clients rely on us to make sure they do the right thing and are operating within the law. We pride ourselves on having high standards and integrity, and we’re looking for people who will do what’s right even when no one’s looking.
- Agility: The world moves quickly. To keep up, we stay flexible – changing approaches, changing projects, working offline, online, together and alone to get things done.
- Respect: A given, of course: we value each other and our clients. We listen, we understand, we care.
The decisions we make and advice we give affects people’s lives and livelihoods. We take that seriously and always do well by doing what’s right.
Bring your whole self
Now you’ve seen our values, it shouldn’t be a surprise that we’re creating a respectful, open, diverse place to work. We are an inclusive employer and committed to ensure our workforce is representative of our diverse society. Building an inclusive culture, where we value difference and respect our colleagues, is not just the right thing to do, it helps our people to perform at the best of their ability and realise their potential.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!