Who we are?
Grosvenor are an organisation committed to delivering lasting commercial and social value, applying our expertise with a far-sighted perspective and standing by our values of trust, integrity and respect.
This common guiding approach is what binds the stimulating mix of activities within an organisation which includes 3 quite distinct business entities:
- The Family Office – where this opportunity will be situated, is responsible for a range of activities on behalf of the Grosvenor Estate Trustees and Grosvenor family headed by the Duke of Westminster, including the management of four rural estates and engagement with their communities, an investment portfolio, fine art and archive and provision of professional advisory services
- Grosvenor international property group – active in some of the most dynamic cities around the world
- The Wheatsheaf Group – which directly operates, invests in and helps to develop businesses in the food and agriculture sectors
If this sounds appealing to you and you would like to learn, doing a real job with real responsibilities, whilst studying for your CIMA qualification, read on…
What the job will entail?
You will be working as part of a finance team of comprising of approximately 30 people in the Grosvenor Estate Family Office. The team provides the full range of internal financial compliance and advisory services, including financial analysis and modelling, budgeting, management and statutory accounting, invoice processing, cash and treasury management, tax and regulatory advice and compliance, management of internal controls and risk.
Starting summer 2020, you will be:
- Contributing to the effectiveness of the Finance team through the preparation of tax provisions, preparing budget and management accounting information relating to the investment portfolio, and preparation of audited and unaudited financial accounts.
- Ensuring compliance with legal requirements and the Grosvenor tax policy by completing technical analysis of transactions and projects and by preparing tax returns and computations across a range of entities and taxes.
- Contributing to the efficient running of the investment portfolio through preparation of accurate and insightful investment reports and through the monitoring and management of cashflows and currency requirements.
- Developing skills and knowledge to support the provision of high-quality tax advice to operational teams and Grosvenor family members, and to support Finance projects.
- Financially supported to study for your CIMA qualification via the CIMA apprenticeship programme
- Improving organisational effectiveness and managing risk by getting involved in projects at Finance team, Family Office or even Grosvenor Estate level
- Engaging across the Family Office and wider organisation as well as with external stakeholders and advisors to develop your skills, relationships and knowledge.
Who we are looking for?
The Grosvenor Estate Family Office is seeking to invest in a talented and intellectually curious graduate who demonstrates our organisational values and is committed to high standards in all that they do.
You will have, or expect to receive prior to joining, a degree qualification (in any discipline) with a class 2:1 or higher, be proficient in the use of Microsoft applications and be able to demonstrate the ability to deliver accurate, high-quality work whilst prioritising competing demands and deadlines.
How to apply
Applications should be made by e-mail no later than the 1st December 2019 via the apply by email button. Please attach a copy of your up to date cv and a covering letter detailing your reasons for applying for the position and what skills and attributes you believe you could bring to the team.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!