The Assessment Centre for successful applicants: Expected to take place in early February 2020.
- Must be on track for a 2.2 (or above). We accept applications from candidates studying any degree subject but would prefer someone with an interest in global business management, technology, finance and/or economics
- You will have completed a minimum of 2 years of your undergraduate degree, but will not have graduated at the start of your placement. You will be expected to provide evidence from your university to show you will be an undergraduate student for the duration of the placement year.
What does a Global Resourcing & Business Analyst industrial placement have to offer?
The Global Resourcing (GR) team partner with our Fast-Moving Consumer Healthcare (FMCH) Research and Development (R&D) organisation to consistently deliver innovation by the provision of high quality and value-driven global, external R&D
To do the above, the GR team manages the relationships between GSK and its external vendor network (~150 preferred vendors). GR are the first point of contact for any internal R&D customer wishing to outsource work and facilitates overall outsourcing strategy decisions for R&D
The most efficient manner to drive speed into the development processes is to provide appropriate access to GSK systems to enable the transfer of information and facilitate person to person connectivity. The Global Resource Collaboration and Business Analyst (GRCBA) works with the GR Managers to define, improve, consolidate and train both internal and external customers on the mechanisms for creating this connectivity and ensuring compliance.
In order to build relationships with our key partners we need to ensure we collect feedback on all aspects of the relationship with GSK. This is essential to continuously improve the relationship allowing the partners to deliver high quality, effective services. The GRCBA will work with the GR Managers and key partners to survey, collate responses and make recommendations for future collaborative strategic activities to address any shortcomings or build on strengths.
Communicating the status of GR initiatives and Vendor performance is critical in raising awareness and maintaining a proactive dialogue with our customers. The GRCBA will work with GR managers to maintain and update the GR communications plan assisting with activities such as; updating the GR Intranet “one stop shop”, collating and distributing monthly communications, maintaining an active presence for GR on forums such as Workplace (Facebook’s solution for global businesses).
Monitoring the key performance indicators of our vendors and demonstrating the value to the business of GR and the external network is a key area for GR. Working with the GR managers and the portfolio management group, the GRCBA will coordinate capturing, analysing and reporting of key metrics.
Facilitates planning, development and maintenance of important collaboration tools for the department e.g. database, Intranet site, Workplace etc., in line with GR collaboration strategy.
Working in a support role to the GR team the GRCBA will assist with other aspects as they arise. These could include support for training initiatives, chasing through invoice queries and other tactical requests
In this position the successful candidate will gain insight of the end to end R&D roles and responsibilities and how a team like Global Resourcing supports innovation across the whole of R&D.
The ideal candidate will have the following attributes:
- Clear communicator in both oral and written form with both internal departments and external organisations.
- Ability to influence senior stakeholders
- Well-developed negotiation and influencing skills
- Demonstrates ability to take initiative, think and work independently, problem-solve, work effectively in teams, and multitask.
- An ability to organise, analyse and report data from internal and external sources.
- Ability to manage and communicate across diverse cultures, time zones and geographies
We recruit on an on-going basis and prioritise applications based on the application date. Applications will closed when we have filled our assessment centre dates. If you have what we’re looking for apply today!
This opportunity has the following recruitment stages you must successfully pass to be offered a placement year with GSK for 2020:
- Eligibility Form
- Online Assessment
- Application Form
- Assessment Centre
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!