The Assessment Centre for successful applicants: Expected to take place in early February 2020.
- Must be on track for a 2.2 (or above) of a Chemical, Physical, Biological or related, science undergraduate degree, but will not have graduated at the start of your placement.
- You will have completed a minimum of 2 years of your undergraduate degree, but will not have graduated at the start of your placement. You will be expected to provide evidence from your university to show you will be an undergraduate student for the duration of the placement year.
What does a Innovation Scientist industrial placement have to offer?
This is an exciting opportunity to work in the oral healthcare category of GSK Consumer Healthcare supporting the development of differentiated new products using consumer insights to ideate and develop new products that consumers believe in and love. The innovation team supports numerous early stage research to evaluate new ingredients, new claims and basic science to underpin our scientific credibility.
The successful applicant will support the invention and development of oral care products by developing formulations and/or providing analysis and evaluation of material and products at all stages of the process, considering scientific and timing objectives.
This individual would have various levels of involvement in areas which may be as diverse as; problem solving, validation of laboratory models, development and validation of analytical methods and development and scale-up of formulations. Areas of focus in the group are microbiology, cell biology, materials science, surface science, inorganic and organic chemistry, surfactants and polymers and therefore an interest in one or more of these areas would be expected.
Key Responsibilities would include:
- Working on or contributing to the evaluation of new product ideas, opportunities or technologies and successfully helps transition them into the development pipeline
- Work on initiatives to visualise the mode of action of products/treatments
- Considers or seeks the voice of the consumer in the evaluation of new ideas, opportunities or technologies and helps to establish early consumer input into early stage projects
- Manages or contributes to one or more projects in support of departmental plans. Exercises a wide degree of technical sophistication in accomplishing assigned objectives.
- Design experiments and carry out scientific work with an awareness of state-of-the-art technology. Creates research plans to fit overall project objectives.
- Maintain awareness of scientific literature to assist work progression and understanding.
- Maintain precise experimental records; issue reports at project milestones; writes invention records to protect scientific discoveries.
As well as being a recognised member of the team with opportunities to work on several initiatives the successful applicant will most likely lead a small project aligned to the business needs.
We recruit on an on-going basis and prioritise applications based on the application date. Applications will closed when we have filled our assessment centre dates. If you have what we’re looking for apply today
This opportunity has the following recruitment stages you must successfully pass to be offered a placement year with GSK for 2020:
- Eligibility Form
- Online Assessment
- Application Form
- Assessment Centre
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!