The Assessment Centre for successful applicants: Expected to take place in February 2020.
- You must be on track for a 2.2 (or above) in a Business, Science, Technology, Engineering or Maths degree
- You will have completed a minimum of 2 years of your undergraduate degree, but will not have graduated at the start of your placement. You will be expected to provide evidence from your university to show you will be an undergraduate student for the duration of the placement year.
What does a Portfolio Management industrial placement have to offer?
You will work embedded within GSK’s Consumer Healthcare research and development project portfolio management team supporting project management analytics as part of a global team based in GSK House.Your work will help ensure that the innovation pipeline is well managed and effectively delivers great products to our consumers through providing clear relevant timely data to support decision making.
You will support the business through many diverse activities including:
- Maintaining the project and portfolio management systems (eg Microsoft Project Online) in conjunction with the system owners to provide immediate visibility of our portfolio and ensure we remain compliant with license and other requirements.
- Running reports and queries across the portfolio of projects to support decision making and encourage good project management practice. (eg via Microsoft Power BI)
- Updating guidance and process documents and sharing them with the wider organisation through established intranet sites to keep training materials fresh and engaging.
- Screen sharing and talking with co-workers around the world to help resolve questions and queries on the project and portfolio systems.
- Writing new processes, reports and queries to provide vital data to help drive delivery of innovative products.
- The following skills are required:
- Strong understanding of the need for confidentiality and care when managing sensitive information.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and use initiative.
- PowerPoint and Excel skills are essential. Familiarity with or willingness to learn to use scheduling software eg MS Project or Power BI will also be required.
- Understanding of concepts associated with business reporting, schedule management, risk management and key performance indicators.
We recruit on an on-going basis and prioritise applications based on the application date. Applications will closed when we have filled our assessment centre dates. If you have what we’re looking for apply today!
This opportunity has the following recruitment stages you must successfully pass to be offered a placement year with GSK for 2020:
- Eligibility Form
- Online Assessment
- Application Form
- Assessment Centre
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!