A placement in Procurement could entail a placement in either the Global Procurement or Worldwide Real Estate & Facilities teams, as we have a number of placements available in those teams. You will be attending a combined Procurement and WREF assessment centre and then if successful, be allocated to one of the roles on offer.
Both our procurement and WREF placements will give you an understanding of working in a global business. You’ll have the chance to work on challenging projects and gain a head start in your future career. Procurement is about buying the right goods and services for the best value, while WREF is about delivering the right space and services in the right location. In both departments, cost is a key driver of our strategy, and by getting the most out of every budget we can increase our efforts to help people to do more, feel better and live longer.
Procurement in GSK is a global function, with over 700 employees around the world, based in 50 countries. Global Procurement is responsible for proactively managing more than £12 Billion of 3rd party spend, managing 43,000 suppliers in 92 countries.
Procurement activity includes managing a range of goods and services that can be split into (i) direct and (ii) indirect categories. The direct category includes materials that are purchased that will go into the actual medicines, vaccines and products that GSK sells into markets worldwide. Indirect categories are goods and services that are purchased by the organisation to support its operations and commercial activities, these may include for example: research and development expenditure, marketing services, capital equipment, facilities services, IT and travel.
Global Procurement’s objectives are:
- Increase our value delivery: drive savings to meet business targets, whilst ensuring quality and supply.
- Make buying simpler: Procurement understands business needs and connects GSK employees seamlessly to the right suppliers.
Worldwide Real Estate & Facilities (WREF)
WREF in GSK is a global function with 200 internal staff supported by a network of approximately 3,000 contract staff around the world. Global WREF is responsible for proactively managing a portfolio of over 450 facilities including Manufacturing and Logistics facilities, Research and Development labs and Commercial offices equating to £1.6 Billion of Annual Spend.
WREF’s key activities include:
- The strategic planning of the Real Estate portfolio to keep up with market trends and ensure our facilities are in the right locations to support our business
- Collaborating with our Facilities Management suppliers to enable our WREF sites to deliver to our customer’s needs
- Providing environments that are safe, legal, compliant and sustainable.
What will this placement offer?
Your year with us will be spent working as part of a team on structured and challenging projects and activities. Both Procurement and WREF departments support all GSK business areas, including manufacturing, sales and marketing, corporate functions and research and development (R&D). This diversity of projects is reflected in the range of placements available. Wherever you’re based, you’ll put into practice the business skills you’ve gained at university, learn from experienced colleagues, and network with a wide community of business professionals, customers and other undergraduates.
The knowledge and experience you gain will help you to stand out from the crowd and give you a firm idea about your future career options. As well as learning all about Procurement and WREF, you’ll develop core personal skills such as communication, planning, organisation, problem solving, team-working and networking.
Our ideal student will have:
- A genuine interest in Procurement or Real Estate & Facilities, the commercial world and the healthcare industry
- Ability to be a true business partner who can collaborate and build lasting relationships with key stakeholders
- Strong problem solving skills driven by curiosity
- Good communication skills with the ability to influence others
- The capability to adapt to change and work under pressure
- The drive and confidence to trust your own judgement
- Strong project management skills and prioritising a variety of tasks
- Awareness & sensitivity of different cultures and diversity within an international environment
We need highly organised undergraduates who can communicate and network with their own teams and with other parts of our business. Above all, you must have the drive, confidence and commitment to get the most out of your time with us.
Degree Requirements: Must be studying any undergraduate degree.
You will have completed a minimum of 2 years of your undergraduate degree, but will not have graduated at the start of your placement. You will be expected to provide evidence from your university to show you will be an undergraduate student for the duration of the placement year.
Closing date for applications: Wednesday 21st October 2020
Additional Details: The Virtual Assessment Centre for successful applicants is expected to take place in November/December 2020
We recruit on an on-going basis and prioritise applications based on the application date.
Applications will close when we have filled our virtual assessment centre dates.
If you have what we’re looking for apply today!
This opportunity has the following recruitment stages you must successfully pass to be offered a placement year with GSK for 2021!
- Eligibility Form
- Online Assessment
- Application Form
- Virtual Assessment Centre
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!