Degree Requirements: Must be studying an undergraduate degree in Business, Science, Technology, Engineering or Maths.
You will have completed a minimum of 2 years of your undergraduate degree, but will not have graduated at the start of your placement. You will be expected to provide evidence from your university to show you will be an undergraduate student for the duration of the placement year.
Scope of the role
Would you relish the opportunity to support our business to help improve the lives of people globally? Do you want to gain experience in a responsive, innovative, global business? A placement with GSK Consumer Healthcare will give you the practical experience to complement your studies and we are committed to supporting your personal and professional growth.
You will work embedded within GSK’s Consumer Healthcare Research and Development Project & Portfolio management team supporting project management and analytics as part of a global team based in Weybridge, Surrey.
Your work will help ensure that the innovation pipeline is well managed and effectively delivers great products to our consumers through providing clear relevant timely data to support decision making.
You will support the business through many diverse activities including
- Maintaining the project and portfolio management systems (eg Microsoft Project Online) in conjunction with the system owners to provide immediate visibility of our portfolio and ensure we remain compliant with license and other requirements.
- Running reports and queries across the portfolio of projects to support decision making and encourage good project management practice. (eg via Microsoft Power BI)
- Co-ordinating and supporting specific innovation projects, continuous improvement initiatives and team events.
- Writing new processes, reports and addressing queries to provide vital data to help drive delivery of innovative products.
- Updating guidance and process documents and sharing them with the wider organisation through established intranet sites to keep training materials fresh and engaging.
The following skills are required
- Strong understanding of the need for confidentiality and care when managing sensitive information.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and use initiative.
- PowerPoint and Excel skills are essential. Familiarity with or willingness to learn to use scheduling software eg MS Project or Power BI will also be required.
- Understanding of concepts associated with business reporting, schedule management, risk management and key performance indicators.
Additional Details: The Assessment Centre for successful applicants is expected to take place in February 2021.
Closing date for applications: Tuesday 15th December 2020
We recruit on an on-going basis and prioritise applications based on the application date.
Applications will close when we have filled our assessment centre dates.
If you have what we’re looking for apply today!
This opportunity has the following recruitment stages you must successfully pass to be offered a placement year with GSK for 2020!
- Eligibility Form
- Online Assessment
- Application Form
- Assessment Centre
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!