Degree Requirements: Must be an undergraduate studying a degree in a Life Science, Pharmacy or related degree subject.
You will have completed a minimum of 2 years of any undergraduate degree, but will not have graduated at the start of your placement. You will be expected to provide evidence from your university to show you will be an undergraduate student for the duration of the placement year.
Detailed description of the role
- To help ensure that existing UK Product Licences are maintained and new Marketing Authorisations are obtained to allow continued and future sale of categories of Consumer Healthcare products in the UK.
- To help ensure that all regulatory activity for a specified portfolio of products is planned and geared to commercial requirements.
- To help ensure that all cosmetic products are sold in compliance with the Cosmetics Directive, that all medical devices are sold in compliance with the Medical Device Directives and that all pack and promotional copy complies with regulations and Codes of Practice.
- To have responsibility with the support of a Regulatory Category Manager for projects involving marketed and development products and to be responsible for progressing the regulatory status of these products in the UK in such a manner as not to interfere with the marketing and the development activities of the business.
- To have a general understanding of the regulatory environment.
- To prepare submissions which are both accurate and high quality and ensure all files and databases are effectively managed.
- To maintain relationships with regulatory authorities to expedite smooth and timely assessment of all applications.
- To be responsible with the support of a Regulatory Category Manager for advising marketing and Global Manufacturing and Supply on the regulatory implications of technical changes
- To develop knowledge of the regulations and guidelines and working practices of the EC and UK Regulatory Authority.
- To develop some knowledge of the Cosmetics Directive and PIPs, and Medical Devices Directive if relevant to the category.
- Ability to prioritise work load
- Demonstrate ability to show attention to detail
- Good customer focus and team player who has the ability to work with people from a large range of disciplines.
Additional Details: The Assessment Centre for successful applicants is expected to take place in February 2020
Closing date for applications: Tuesday 15th December 2020
This opportunity has the following recruitment stages you must successfully pass to be offered a placement year with GSK for 2021!
- Eligibility Form
- Online Assessment
- Application Form
- Assessment Centre
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!