The Assessment Centre for successful applicants: Expected to take place in February 2020.
- Must be on track for a 2.1 (or above) in any undergraduate degree. You will have completed a minimum of 2 years of your undergraduate degree but will not have graduated at the start of your placement. You will be expected to provide evidence from your university to show you will be an undergraduate student for the duration of the placement year.
What does a ViiV Healthcare Global Communications Executive industrial placement have to offer?
ViiV Healthcare is a specialist company established by GlaxoSmithKline and Pfizer in 2009, with the addition of Shionogi in 2012 after working together on the development of several drugs. We are focused solely on the research, development and commercialisation of medicines to treat HIV. Our aim is to take a deeper and broader interest in HIV/AIDS than any company has done before and take a unique approach to deliver new and effective HIV medicines as well as supporting communities affected by HIV. For more information on the company, its management, portfolio, pipeline and commitment.
About the role:
The ViiV Healthcare Global Communications Executive Industrial Placement role will enable the student to work in a high progressing communications strategy to co-ordinate and leverage internal and external digital activity to build expertise in digital communications across the function. To achieve these ambitions and drive engagement within ViiV’s narrative it is critical that the Communications team has world class digital channels which allow them to match the needs and behaviours of our users with the strategy for improved reputation globally and in the US as our major market. The purpose of this new Digital Communications Channels area is to implement, maintain and lead the constant improvement of ViiV’s corporate and US external global digital channels including (but not exclusive to) the teams corporate web estate and the functional elements of the global social media presence to be a main window into the world of coordination with ViiV’s digital team and their promotional strategies to reach HCPs.
The IP is expected to bring creativity and energy to work in a matrix organisation to collect content to feed the channels strategy across different areas within Communications. At the same time, it is required to be good at planning and organisation skills to maintain the channels calendar and deliver according to plan. In addition to working in this unique operating model the IP will gain a deeper understanding of global communications in a multinational company, working across internal, corporate, product and CSR communications as content editor for our social media and channels. The role will help to build the chosen candidates’ practical skills to manage, edit and publish multi-media content on a series of online internal and external platforms, including website and social media.
Finally, the role also aims to develop the candidate’s management skills, through ensuring the chosen candidate will be given specific projects to manage and deliver, to address development needs highlighted in their programme in line with their professional ambition and university curriculum as much as possible. They will also be trained on the job in relation to understanding the media environment, HIV landscape and will be given opportunities to attend training and workshop sessions with the global comms team as appropriate. The IP will be connected into the global communication team at GSK in which beyond the
ViiV global comms team, they have access to a broader network of communicators, including peers as GSK.
Corporate website & Social media - Maintain our key external channels following our Channels strategy and our corporate narrative
- Make Regulatory & pharmacovigilance product updates working with Poznan Tech team
- Upload press releases and other news updates
- Attendance at relevant agency calls and meetings
- Support on content and structure/design refresh
- Manage ViiV’s social media global handles
- Administer global weekly social media calendar
- Focal point to collect global content with different Communications directors
- Video editing as needed for our channels
Weekly media monitoring – support corporate communications team by collecting key clips and putting together a weekly summary to inform the broader business
- Review relevant stories as scanned through online alerts
- Compile weekly email for distribution
Intranet – support keeping our main internal channel up to date with relevant content for internal engagement
- Daily management of newsfeed including copywriting and editing
- Weekly editorial meetings
- Production of fortnightly news digest
- Proactive, confident and solution orientated
- Strong communication both written and verbal
- Social media understanding
- Office skills and brand understanding to apply to everyday work
- Ability to work independently and in a team/stakeholder’s engagement
- Good planning and organisational skills
We recruit on an on-going basis and prioritise applications based on the application date.
Applications will closed when we have filled our assessment centre dates. If you have what we’re looking for apply today!
This opportunity has the following recruitment stages you must successfully pass to be offered a placement year with GSK for 2020:
- Eligibility Form
- Online Assessment
- Application Form
- Assessment Centre
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!