Degree Requirements: Must be an undergraduate studying any degree.
You will have completed a minimum of 2 years of your undergraduate degree but will not have graduated at the start of your placement. You will be expected to provide evidence from your university to show you will be an undergraduate student for the duration of the placement year.
Detailed Description of the role
About us: ViiV Healthcare is a specialist company established by GlaxoSmithKline and Pfizer in 2009, with the addition of Shionogi in 2012 after working together on the development of several drugs. We are focused solely on the research, development and commercialisation of medicines to treat HIV. Our aim is to take a deeper and broader interest in HIV/AIDS than any company has done before and take a unique approach to deliver new and effective HIV medicines as well as supporting communities affected by HIV. For more information on the company, its management, portfolio, pipeline and commitment, please visit www.viivhealthcare.com.
About the role
The ViiV Healthcare Supply Chain Industrial Placement role will enable the student to gain the opportunity to work first hand with the corporate supply chain team, which span over the following functions: SC Operations and Strategy, Quality and Technical. The IP student will be exposed to many aspects of a global pharmaceutical company and specifically the entire E2E supply chain, from API (active pharmaceutical ingredient) manufacture to finished product in market and have a real responsibility in providing product to patients. Ultimately the IP student will communicate with a wide range of global, regional and local business functions (Supply and demand organisations, Commercial, Finance, Regulatory and Quality) and shareholders acting as third party suppliers including, GSK and Pfizer.
In addition to this ViiV will provide an opening for an IP to gain high exposure to complex projects and products. The IP student will be provided with a training to fully understand the products that they will be working with and gain greater understanding of HIV and will also have an opportunity to develop their communication, problem solving, organisational and analytical skills. Along with an increasing familiarity with Microsoft Excel, Power Point and Word. The IP will receive training in key supply chain planning systems (e.g. SAP APO) and reporting, whilst learning the wide business functions and how they interact/communicate with each other.
- Leading the day to day operational management of ViiV’s medically critical product, Celsentri which may include preparing for and leading the key governance meetings (e.g. SCIM), day to day issue resolution, daily contact with GSK Supply Chain and Pfizer manufacturing sites and reporting to management
- General problem solving and project management for all supply chain scenarios involving Celsentri - this may include management of invoicing issues, improving delivery timings for urgent orders, setting up new products/supply lanes, dealing with system issues and general resolution of any supply chain incident.
- Supporting technical dummy pill project, supplying example tablets for use in Commercial detailing, which involves liaising with a third-party supplier, procurement of product samples (liaising with GSK clinical supply chain staff) and communicating with the sample supplier regarding manufacture of “dummy” tablets
- Developing and presenting presentation materials for key ViiV governance meetings (e.g. SCRM, Monthly Team meetings), which involves root cause analysis and stakeholder’s interviews to investigate Supply Chain KPI performances and organisation of guest/speakers or special topics, as required
- Facilitating the ViiV Supply Chain team risk management process to ensure compliance with global policies and mitigate risk in ViiV’s supply chain
- ViiV Supply Chain team support for accessing data in supply planning systems, like SAP APO and SAP Ariba
- Excellent organisational skills
- Strong communications skills and confidence
- Analytical skills
- Contains the ability to work independently and in a team
Additional Details: The Assessment Centre for successful applicants is expected to take place in February 2021.
Closing date for applications: Thursday 31st December 2020
We recruit on an on-going basis and prioritise applications based on the application date.
Applications will close when we have filled our assessment centre dates.
If you have what we’re looking for apply today!
This opportunity has the following recruitment stages you must successfully pass to be offered a placement year with GSK for 2021!
- Eligibility Form
- Online Assessment
- Application Form
- Assessment Centre
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!