Join us on our Global Internship Program and grow within one of the most historical UK-forged technology companies!
Ready to dive into real-world projects, expand your industry connections, and build skills that will carry you onto the next stage of your career?
Areas offering Hardware Intern Roles:
We have a range of 3 months, 6 months and 12 months industry placements across our hardware teams. These opportunities are available within:
Architecture Technology Group, Central Processing Unit, Central Technology, Graphics Processing Unit, Productivity Engineering, Systems, Partner Enablement Group and Solutions Engineering.
Each Groups offers a new perspective and challenge within the Hardware Career pathway. During the application process you will be able to share your interest for a specific Business Group, or "opt-in" to all Groups broadening your opportunity.
We work in small to medium-sized teams with most following modern Agile principles. Engineers share ideas and add to the ideas of others, document and present their work for discussion, review and support the efforts of others, whilst sharing their findings impartially and authoritatively.
In your role, you will be introduced to the teams, our ways of working, be treated liked any other engineer on the team and support by experienced engineers.
What you could be doing as a Hardware Intern:
- Working with design teams to develop IP that delivers high performance, power efficient products.
- Analysing existing tools looking for enhancements/automation, alongside trialling new tools.
- Verifying IP using a wide range of methodologies – constrained random simulation using testbenches written in SystemVerilog, running real applications on emulation or FPGA platforms, and using formal methods.
- Implementing Arm IP in silicon process nodes using design automation tools.
- Developing system solutions using ARM IP for different market domains ranging from mobile, IoT, data centres, etc.
- Writing specifications for Arm’s IP products and systems – analysing trade-offs between different options using software or hardware models.
- Providing Verification and Implementation support for systems through the lifecycle of the design right up to the delivery to the customer.
We're looking for individuals who are:
You will need to be studying towards a degree in Electronic Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science or any other relevant subject. Other degree types may be considered with relevant experience.
Qualities that will help your application stand out:
- Experience in at least one programming language.
- A real passion for computing and/or the semi-conductor industry that goes beyond your studies.
- Good attention to detail with the ability to problem solve and express ideas optimally.
- Team-spirit with an appreciation for the "We, not I" core belief.
- If you have an interest in computer architecture fundamentals, digital design concepts, CPU architecture and microarchitecture features (such as caches, MMU, SMP, coherency, CPU pipelines) this is a plus, but not essential.
- Any familiarity with a hardware description language like VHDL or Verilog/SystemVerilog is also helpful.
We encourage early applications and review them on the first come and first served basis.
Internship Start Date: April and between June and July 2024
We are aiming to complete our recruitment process and communicate application outcomes by February 2024.
Working on interesting new projects is exciting, but we also know how meaningful it is to receive support. That's why throughout your internship, you can expect regular feedback and development opportunities, social activities to connect with your peers, an end of summer celebration, plus the opportunity to be *considered for future Graduate positions (*subject to performance). #getreadytogrow
Our program is crafted to give you the best start possible and support your personal growth as well as professional development.
Gain a competitive salary, supportive rewards package, alongside unparalleled learning and networking opportunities from the best in industry.
Accommodations at Arm
At Arm, we want our people to Do Great Things . If you need support or an accommodation to Be Your Brilliant Self during the recruitment process, please email. To note, by sending us the requested information, you consent to its use by Arm to arrange for appropriate accommodations. All accommodation requests will be treated with confidentiality, and information concerning these requests will only be disclosed as necessary to provide the accommodation. Although this is not an exhaustive list, examples of support include breaks between interviews, having documents read aloud or office accessibility. Please email us about anything we can do to accommodate you during the recruitment process.
Equal Opportunities at Arm
Arm is an equal opportunity employer, committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal opportunities are available to all applicants and colleagues. We are a diverse organization of dedicated and innovative individuals, and don’t discriminate on the basis of any characteristic.
Hybrid Working at Arm
Arm’s hybrid approach to working is centred around flexibility, where we split our time between the office and other locations to get our work done. Within that framework, we empower groups and teams to determine their own particular hybrid working pattern, depending on the work and the team’s needs. Details of what this means for each role will be shared upon application. In some cases, the flexibility we can offer is limited by local legal, regulatory, tax, or other considerations, and where this is the case, we will collaborate with you to find the best solution. Please talk to us to find out more about what this could look like for you.
Cambridge, Sheffield, Manchester