Your Opportunity to Define Possible. Our Opportunity to Deliver the Nation’s Security. Together.
Join Northrop Grumman and embark on a journey of innovation that transforms lives today and shapes generations to come. As a pioneer of ground-breaking technology, we've played a pivotal role in technological advancements that define our nation's history. From conquering the skies to lunar exploration, we seek individuals who dare to invent the future, bring bold ideas to life, and thrive on the impossible. At Northrop Grumman, curiosity, diversity of thought, and embracing your authentic self are the drivers of our culture. Join us in this paid, 12-month placement and see for yourself.
As a Hardware Engineering Intern, you’ll help the Hardware Manager to design defence projects. We are leaders in marine navigation systems, integrated platform management systems, and maritime command and control applications, so you’ll get incredible insights. As a key member of the Hardware Engineering team, you will build your skills by:
- Supporting the hardware design for existing and new control systems for Naval applications.
- Assisting with component selection and system implementation.
- Analysing and justifying designs and component selection.
- Resolving hardware issues throughout design, development, manufacture, integration and qualification.
- Supporting the creation, modification and maintenance of technical documentation to support contractual deliverables.
What You Bring (essential experience and qualifications):
- Working towards a degree (or equivalent) in an Engineering or another numerate subject.
- A gift for problem-solving and developing solutions to a variety of problems.
- Good attention to detail.
- PowerPoint skills (and face-to-face presentation delivery – if required).
You must be able to achieve SC level security clearance for this role.
Why Join Us:
As an integral part of our team, you'll enjoy a range of benefits, including:
- Flexibility in working arrangements, including hybrid options
- Opportunities for compressed working – have every other Friday off!
- Flexible benefits package
- Travel benefits
- Family-friendly policies
- Holiday buy and sell
- Employee well-being and assistance programmes
- Career Development opportunities for ongoing growth
- For top performers, an offer of a place on our Graduate Programme
For a comprehensive list of benefits, visit our UK careers site.
Inclusion and Diversity:
We are committed to equality and diversity in our workplace, including neurodiverse candidates. Northrop Grumman provides equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants, regardless of protected status.
Ready to Join Us?
Submit your application online. For inquiries, reach out to our Early Careers Team or learn more about our UK careers on our website.
Join Us in Defining the Future of Security
London - New Malden