We’re currently looking for people who have a passion for retail and the commercial industry (think fashion, sports gear, beauty) and are eager to hit the ground running in our fast-growing team within our Commercial department in our Head Office.
At Frasers Group, you would be in control of your career progression into commercial management. You would be joining our web buying team who are responsible for the growth of potential, new, and existing categories and product ranges.
- Trend forecasting - Do you enjoy predicting what might become the latest trend? Trend forecasting is the process of researching and predicting consumer future buying habits. Think drop crotch pants before Justin Bieber wore them, or predicting the running bicycle shorts boom.
- Building relationships with brands - You would be the face of Frasers Group and ensuring brands like Hugo Boss, Calvin Klein, Nike, and Under Amour feel cosy and want to carry on working with us.
- Analysing product performance - Purchasing and analysing item performance from our commercial brands. Is the item selling well? Should the item be discontinued? Have we bought it at the right price?
Who we’re looking for
- We’re open to all educational backgrounds and experiences. All we ask is that you have an interest in the commercial world and have the passion and motivation to learn.
- Someone keen to get into a head office role within retail and commercial teams with a general interest in products.
- Comfortable with responsibility and keen to progress and develop themselves
An opportunity like this at Frasers Group is for the fearless. The potential is massive, the experience unrivalled. To be able to make the most of it you need to live and breathe our principles:
- Think without limits and take the team with you
- Own it and back it
- Don’t hesitate and act with purpose
- Be commercial and customer-focused
We started as a small store in Maidenhead in 1982 and from there, grew to become a global powerhouse. We believe the higher the risk, the greater the reward. We’ve never been afraid to strive forward and change the way the industry operates, diversifying our portfolio (such as Evans Cycles, Flannels, House of Fraser, Jack Wills and Sports Direct) and elevating stores. We’re not sitting back – there’s no room for hesitation. As a PLC with a £4bn turn over, this opportunity to grow your career in a fast paced and dynamic environment is one for the bold.
As part of our Elevation strategy, we are investing £100M into the digital growth of the business to enhance customer experience and support growth across our online channels. You will be joining our commercial team who focus on and work across a variety of aspects within the product lifecycle including activities such as product trends & performance, buying new products from third party brands and also ensuring their stock has been replenished online in the right volumes, at the right price, in the right places at the right times. This role will see you doing this for our online platforms as well as in-store.
With the increased demand in online purchasing, this is your opportunity to own a product area and build out a commercial strategy for the future growth of products.
Salary: £20k + 20% discount across all group brands and Everlast Gyms
Start date: Immediate with on-going intakes regularly throughout 2022
Location: Shirebrook HQ (close to Sheffield and Nottingham)