About the programme
Our Devonport dockyard is vast and mission-critical, making management of safety, health, environment and fire, across both its nuclear and conventional areas vital.
Over the course of two years, you will spend time working with a number of specialist departments that span these different areas, using the full breadth of your specialist knowledge to make a real difference.
Health and Safety at Babcock
Working as part of the multi-disciplinary Safety, Health, Environment and Fire (SHEF) Department, you’ll help ensure that our employees have the right working environment, knowledge, procedures and organisational support to do their jobs and comply with the law, local procedures and best practice.
You will undertake a wide variety of challenging and exciting projects, such as risk assessment, incident investigation, sharing and learning from events, assessment of employee exposure, project planning and investigating best available techniques – a breadth of experience that few other employers can provide.
What you'll need
- A BSc or BEng (Hons) degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering, or a Health and Safety-related or Environmental Science degree with a good understanding of Chemistry and Mathematics.
- Many of our early careers roles are subject to Security Clearance and Trade Control restrictions which mean that your place of birth, nationality, citizenship, or residency you hold or have held may impact which roles you are eligible for. For our early careers roles, you must be able to achieve BPSS and many of them require you to be eligible for Security Clearance.
What you'll get
We will provide you with a supportive and engaging environment where you can grow your career.
- Minimum 25 days holiday entitlements + bank holidays + agile working* subject to conversation with your manager
- Generous pension and employee share schemes
- Flexible benefits, including cycle to work scheme, discounts
- Employee assistance programme supporting physical, mental and financial wellbeing
- You’ll also have the chance to get involved in our STEM outreach and volunteering activities, which our graduates find incredibly rewarding in all sorts of other ways.
Your career development
It’s hard to beat the variety of fantastic opportunities and business experiences you’ll receive. You can expect real world encounters and exposure to exciting projects that will really help you navigate where you want to take your career.
Plus, when you join us, you’ll be automatically enrolled onto our Graduate Development Programme. Through a series of digital and face to face sessions, presented by wellbeing and performance experts and our external partner Gen Healthy Minds, we will equip you with the knowledge and tools you need to thrive and perform at your very best on your programme and beyond.