About the programme
When it comes to safety, we insist on the highest standards – everywhere.
Especially in our radiological projects at Devonport Royal Dockyard, Plymouth.
Over the course of two years, you’ll move from team to team, learning how we protect our people and the environment while we work on critical challenges.
Health Physics at Babcock
Any kind of nuclear engineering is complex, but when you’re working on the newest class of submarines in the MOD’s fleet, you’re faced with new challenges every day.
As part of a team of people with lots of different skills, you’ll make sure that the site’s safety arrangements are always up to scratch.
What you'll need
- A BSc (Hons) degree in a science subject
- Any kind of postgraduate qualification in this area, such as an MSc or PG (Dip) in Radiological Protection, would be very useful
- Many of our early careers roles are subject to Security Clearance and Trade Control restrictions which mean that your place of birth, nationality, citizenship, or residency you hold or have held may impact which roles you are eligible for. For our early careers roles, you must be able to achieve BPSS and many of them require you to be eligible for Security Clearance.
What you'll get
We will provide you with a supportive and engaging environment where you can grow your career.
- Minimum 25 days holiday entitlements + bank holidays + agile working* subject to conversation with your manager
- Generous pension and employee share schemes
- Flexible benefits, including cycle to work scheme, discounts
- Employee assistance programme supporting physical, mental and financial wellbeing
- You’ll also have the chance to get involved in our STEM outreach and volunteering activities, which our graduates find incredibly rewarding in all sorts of other ways.
Your career development
It’s hard to beat the variety of fantastic opportunities and business experiences you’ll receive. You can expect real world encounters and exposure to exciting projects that will really help you navigate where you want to take your career.
Plus, when you join us, you’ll be automatically enrolled onto our Graduate Development Programme. Through a series of digital and face to face sessions, presented by wellbeing and performance experts and our external partner Gen Healthy Minds, we will equip you with the knowledge and tools you need to thrive and perform at your very best on your programme and beyond.
Start date: Autumn 2024