If you want to enjoy a fantastic quality of life whilst progressing your career come and discover what opportunities we have for you in the Isle of Man!
Those who relocate benefit from the Insurance Holiday Scheme, which allows you to apply for a refund on your NI contributions (up to £4,000) for your 1st year of living here.
Manx Care (who sit as part of the Isle of Man Government) are currently looking for a range of different graduate roles.
- Midwives (Band 5)
- Neonatal Nurses (Band 5)
- Paediatric Nurses (Band 5)
- Community Children’s Nurses (Band 5)
- School Nurses (Band 5)
- Mental Health Nurses (Band 5)
- Clinical Psychologist Assistants
- Drugs and Alcohol Therapists
- Newly Qualified Social Workers
- Physiotherapists (Band 5)
- Podiatrists (Band 5)
- Occupational Therapists (Band 5 with potential to develop to Band 6 in 12 or 24 months)
- Speech and Language Therapist (Band 6)
- Dieticians (Band 6)
- Radiographers (Band 5)
- Paramedics (Band 6)
- Community Registered Nurses for Adult Nursing
- Theatre Practitioners (Band 5/Band 6)
About the Isle of Man healthcare system:
The Island’s healthcare system (Manx Care) is separate to the UK NHS. It is provided by a National Health Service based on that in the United Kingdom, but independently financed and administered within the Isle of Man.
The health service across the Isle of Man, delivers exceptional care to patients Island-wide. Manx Care are always on the lookout to recruit new people to join their excellent, supportive teams within the Isle of Man's health care system.
Healthcare in the Isle of Man is continually progressing. Manx Care believes that every contact with patients count, and their strategy is refreshed to reflect this. It is vital to their service that the public's healthcare needs are met effectively and compassionately.
“I enjoy getting out and about to see service users, I see people in their home environments or out in the community, perhaps to go for a nice walk or for coffee, every single day is different! I enjoy community nursing as I get to know the service users and their families/carers/friends really well and I get to follow their recovery journey up close. It really feels like it’s making a difference at times.” – Tara Duddy, Mental Health Nurse.
Interested in finding out more? Click the APPLY button and you will be taken to the Locate Isle of Man Talent Portal – Register your skills today!
Why work within Manx Care?
Along with the benefits you can enjoy living on the Isle of Man, some of the incredible benefits you could enjoy working within Manx Care include:
- Working within a hospital equipped to the latest standards, providing a comprehensive range of services.
- Brilliant training and development opportunities – they have an education and training centre with a simulation suite and library situated on the grounds.
- A great working environment with a supportive and welcoming management. The team is close-knit and driven to ensure they provide high-quality healthcare services to the Island’s residents.
- The need is recognised for all medical staff on the Island to maintain connections with medicine in the United Kingdom. There are generous study leave provisions with pay and expenses to attend approved conferences and workshops.
- Competitive salaries which, on average, are comparatively higher than other jurisdictions.
- Low tax rates; the maximum tax rate is 20%. Taxes in the Isle of Man are among the lowest in Europe. There is no inheritance tax, no stamp duty on house purchases and no capital gains tax.
- Isle of Man residents enjoy an enviable quality of life with short commute times, excellent schools and coastal views from many locations. Access to the UK is simple with daily flights from Ronaldsway Airport to convenient locations all over the UK.
- Free car parking at Noble’s Hospital and other DHSC sites.
- Access to master's level study in a variety of nursing and professional subjects.
"There are excellent career progression opportunities here, in 6 years I have progressed from a band 5 to a band 7, and I am presently undertaking my master's degree, fully funded by the Department of Health. I feel supported here - both professionally and financially." - Suzie Skelding, Nurse
Where is the Isle of Man?
The Isle of Man sits in the Irish Sea in between England and Ireland. The Island is accessible by sea and by air, with plenty of weekly flights off Island! Measuring 33 miles long and 13 miles wide, with a population of over 80,000 people, the Island has a diverse offering from; a vibrant business centre, bustling café culture with wonderful bars and restaurant and glorious beaches to a huge range of sports and outdoor activities and theatres and art experiences. . It is also the safest place to live in the British Isles.
In the Isle of Man, we understand that life is more than long shifts and progressing your career, we know that life is all about balance. Shorter commute times mean more time to spend doing the things you love, spending time with friends and relaxing.
How to register your interest:
Click the APPLY button below and you will be taken to the Locate Isle of Man Talent Portal.
We created this Talent Portal to connect candidates considering relocation, and employers who are looking for specific skills in the Isle of Man.
It’s simple, sign up to the Talent Portal; enter the qualifications you have gained or are working towards, any work experience and all your key skills ready for Isle of Man employers to match with you.
If you have any questions around living and working in the Isle of Man our team is always happy to help.
Isle of Man