Our Head Office in Freshwater
Contract type: Permanent
Hours: Full time (37.5 hours a week) but we would consider flexible/part time
Every second, a truck full of clothing is either burned or buried in landfill. The fashion industry is currently the second largest polluter in the world and this creates major problems for our planet.
We’re on a mission to change that, and so we’ve created a circular supply chain that allows you to take waste material and make new products from it, again and again. We use technology to open this up to brands and businesses across the world so that we can move the needle on sustainable, positive change.
And we’re growing, doubling in size year on year. We have some major plans for the future and we need the right people to join our journey to help brands end waste. To achieve this, we’re currently looking for a HR Advisor to proactively contribute an outstanding customer focused HR service in our fast paced, modern and technology driven environment.
You’ll prioritise activities and initiatives which fall in line with our people strategy, working in tandem with our Leadership team to develop policies, programmes and solutions that will enhance all elements of our employee lifecycle.
You’ll also provide a responsive, consistent and specialist service which guides our Team Leads on a wide range of people related issues. You will act as a champion for the company culture and support the Leadership team and Team Leaders, allowing the company to develop and grow quickly.
This role will also give you the chance to partner with all areas of the business to help our teams build and support their departments. This will include driving recruitment of the best talent, coaching on team leadership, helping to resolve employee relations issues and managing programs that develop our team members.
Main responsibilities include
- Growth Strategy: supporting company growth through high performing recruitment and retention initiatives.
- Employee Relations: providing guidance, support and administration of case work, including absence, conduct, probation and performance management
- Learning & Development: overseeing programmes that invest in current employees and help develop them in their chosen careers in line with business needs
- Engagement & Communication: ensuring team members feel heard, valued and appreciated, and developing a feedback loop where you own the actions created.
- Creating Structure: overseeing a world class onboarding and employee lifecycle process.
- Ensure that employee welfare and support is provided by Team Leads by educating and supporting their understanding of employment legislation, best practice and company policies.
- Help Team Leads design hiring plans, job descriptions and org structures that ensure the right people are hired into the right roles at the right time
What we’re looking for:
- At least 2 years of experience in a human resources generalist role
- Demonstrable employee relations experience, including case work management for performance, capability, conduct, probation and grievances
- Experience managing recruitment processes and employer branding initiatives to attract relevant candidates to our roles
- Up to date knowledge of employment legislation and best practice HR guidance
- Ideally level 3 CIPD qualification in a human resources discipline, or suitable experience
Freshwater, Isle of Wight