Founded in 1969, DHL is the world's leading logistics company. Our 395,000 people in over 220 countries and territories work every day to help our customers cross borders, reach new markets and grow their businesses. DHL Supply Chain, part of the DHL Group, is the world's leading logistics provider and by DHL joining Supply Chain, you are joining a company that offers limitless opportunities to grow.
The Programme Overview:
Our colleagues worldwide inspire us to get a little better every day. Our goal is to be a great company to work for all. HR aligns the workforce with the organisation's mission and objectives, promoting long-term success. In essence, the purpose of HR is to drive organisational growth, protect its ethical and legal integrity and cultivate a positive workplace culture making it an integral part our business.
We want people to look forward to coming to work at DHL UK Group. We want to give them everything they need to do their jobs well, and to offer an attractive, safe and inclusive workplace.
Our UK nationwide HR Programme is all about developing business leaders of the future specializing in recruitment, management and supporting employees. Human resource management deals with issues related to compensation, performance management, talent acquisition, organization development, safety, wellness, benefits, employee motivation, training, and many other areas. The DHL human resource graduate programme provides placement opportunities for graduates to experience a broad range of different environments, both site and functional HR teams. During your time, you may undertake positions such as HR Generalist roles, HR Specialist roles, HR Coordinator or be involved in large-scale HR Projects which you support & manage. As companies like ours grow, it's important to have a structured approach to guide our front line business, Warehouse & Transport teams.
As a market leader in logistics and supply chain, we give you scope to reach your career goals, however high you're aiming. As a DHL Graduate, you'll benefit from rotating within a variety of business sectors which includes working with some of DHL's high profile customers such as retail and consumer, life sciences, manufacturing logistics, transport, engineering, and supplier solutions.
Throughout the course of the placement you will gain broad experience within HR across your two rotations in key parts of our HR operating model, within either a team that partners one of our core business units or specialist functions. This may include:
- Supporting our sites to drive the HR agenda
- supporting and facilitating site recruitment
- ?Co-ordinating the annual Performance and Talent Cycle
- Involvement in site projects for example a TUPE transfer
- Exposure to the Compensation and Benefits processes and procedures
- Champion employee engagement and use your initiative to find opportunities for continuous improvement
What will the programme look like?
- 24-month structured programme (2 x 12-month placements)
- Placements will differ being based at site or located regionally
- Early accountability and fast progression
- CIPD Level 5 professional qualification
- Experience of working within diverse sites and environments
- Regular performance feedback and personal growth planning through a structured learning plan
- Contribute to DHL's sustainability 2050 mission of zero emissions
- Give back to the community through DHL's Foundation by helping achieve the vision to end youth unemployment
Required Personal Qualities:
- A desire to be a People Manager and to guide teams of people through the day-to-day business
- Do not require a management or Supply Chain and Logistics degree but you should have a desire to progress within this discipline
- A desire to work with others in a team environment and a willingness to learn
- Have excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to influence stakeholders at varying levels across the community
- Be curious and have the courage to challenge to support the business success
- Align to our values and represent a good fit to our business
- Fully mobile to relocate within the UK (graduates are required to relocate every 12 months for their placements whilst on the programme)
- Must hold a valid UK driving license or be self-reliant to travel to multiple sites when required
- The successful candidate must have permission to work in the UK by the start of their employment (DHL does not offer visa sponsorships)
- Must be fluent in English
- No minimum degree grade
- As part of the CIPD Level 5 Qualification, you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years as it is a government funded apprenticeship programme
As part of a growing DHL population, you'll receive access to a variety of excellent benefits including 25 days holiday, pension scheme, medical cover, childcare vouchers, retail discounts, mental health support, and private GP services. As a Graduate your salary and grade increase throughout and you will be included in the annual bonus scheme.
At DHL we want everyone to be their true selves in the workplace. We are committed to ensuring people feel like they can contribute and that they belong. We primarily focus on 6 key pillars, Ability, Ethnic and National origin, Religion, Gender, LGBTQ+ and Generations and in the UKI we are committed to focus on Educating, Supporting and Celebrating diversity!
We want graduates to build their careers and fast track into management. Graduates can contribute their ideas to influence the success of our business and be a part of an organization that makes an impact to society as well as to the world of logistics. After your programme you will transition into the Alumni community to continue the growth of your career.
Starting Salary: £29,000 per annum.
Working week: 37.5 hours
Want to know more? Join us for a live Insights session where you can hear from our HR Leadership Team and our current graduates ask any more questions you have.
Our application process is simple – you'll complete an online application form, then take an online strengths assessment, followed by an online job simulation. Provided you meet the required criteria, you'll be invited to an Experience Day where we can meet you.
HR Experience Day Date: 5 March 2024 in person in Rugby.