HR Learning & Culture Industrial Placement 2022
At L'Oréal we firmly believe that the end of your education doesn’t mark the end of your learning. We’re passionate about ensuring all our employees are constantly developing their skills with on-the-job learning - everything from courses, networking sessions and in house training.
As L'Oréal’s Learning Intern you’ll be developing your own skills and knowledge while helping others to do the same. You don’t have to become that mean teacher who gives everyone homework, but instead you’ll get to put together engaging seminars and training sessions, produce learning materials and organise speakers.
Day-to-day you may be...
- Actively involved in coordinating the ‘learning needs analysis’ meetings with senior managers across the business.
- Keeping our learning database up to date with local and international courses.
- Registering and tracking employee attendance for local and international seminars.
- Promoting new trainings by building communication plans e.g. creating posters, writing articles and arranging ‘drop in’ sessions.
- Managing the logistical and material preparation for our events and training sessions.
- Analysing the participant feedback to make sure our courses are timely and relevant.
- Assisting in managing the 2 day new starter seminar - managing internal speakers, logistics and registration of participants.
- Helping to run the back-end of the Own Your Future app
In order to be successful in this role you will need to have:
- Excellent communication skills: ability to build genuine relationships at all levels
- Organisation skills: ability to plan, co-ordinate and react quickly to changes, to prioritise and manage your own workload.
- Attention to detail: ability to analyse data and draw conclusions, you‘ll be able to learn systems quickly and use Excel spreadsheets.
- Creative thinking: generate new ideas and ways to animate our learning offer e.g. icebreaker games and PowerPoint design
- Proactivity, with a keen eye for improved efficiency.
- You may be required to travel to our other office locations frequently during this internship.
- Eligible to work in the UK
- In your second year at University on a course which enables you to take an Industrial Placement Year (unfortunately if you are graduated you are not eligible).
At L’Oréal, we take pride in creating a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment where everyone is welcome and their contributions are valued. When we recruit, hire, train, promote or engage in any other employment practice, we are committed to being an inclusive employer regardless of race, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, socioeconomic status, medical condition or disability, or any other protected status. When we look for talent, we welcome difference - different backgrounds, experiences, personalities and perspectives. The beauty we find in our differences gives us the freedom to go beyond. That’s the beauty of L’Oréal.
Once you click apply you will be asked some questions to check you are eligible for this role. These will questions around your current situation, whether you’re happy with the salary, location etc.
If you are eligible to apply you will then be sent a link via email to a Competency Assessment. In this we would like you to answer three competency questions, two written and one via video. Although there is no time limit on this the quicker you get it finished the quicker we can continue to move you through the process! The video element of the assessment is translated into a text and scored, so please don’t worry what you look like, just worry about what you’re saying!
If you have met our benchmark we will then send you some cognitive tests to complete. These will be sent via an email link and will give us a great idea on your numerical ability as well as testing you in a few other areas. Remember practise makes perfect so make sure you’re prepared when you give these a go!
We will then do a final review of your entire application and if successful, invite you to an Assessment Centre. Please be patient with us, sometimes it can take a few weeks before your application gets reviewed.
Our Assessment Centres this year will all be completely virtual; they will be running from when applications open until the roles are filled. These Assessment Centres are specific to function, so please be patient if you don’t get invited straight away – it might just be because your function’s Assessment Centre date isn’t until later on in the recruitment period!
Please note, if you apply for more than one role you will be put forward for the one we deem most suitable for you. If you have a strong preference, please only apply to that one role to ensure you are considered for the correct role.